Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bodykit question/repaint

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
=d

Thnx so much to all off u for the reply's i really appriciate it and a great thnx to AnthsVSLexcen for the place and website a few months i remember looking at the place when i was going to work i wanted to know the site but couldnt find it thank you man...and for the respray i got a quote of $1,000 btw i want it same colour =P

oh yea what exhause should i get and how much would it cost me to get it fitted and everything....should i keep the stock extractors? or...

Thanks in Advance

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
VLishes said:
Hey I recently purchased SS skirting, is it a bitch to install? I suppose you would have to start drilling into the plastic, but the sides can be more difficult, colour coding hopefully shouldn't cost a lot.

not too hard..some sikaflex and some screws and your done.
i actually think the sides are easier to do (if they are straight...real hard if they are warped!)
also helps if you have a small cordless drill, not one of those massive hardware ones.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Dragz said:
oh yea what exhause should i get and how much would it cost me to get it fitted and everything....should i keep the stock extractors? or...

depends what you want and how big your budget is...if all you want is a better sounding exhaust note and somthing nice looking sticking out the back get a 2 1/2" catback system...
if you actually want performance improvements as well, do the whole lot, extractors, hi flow cats, 2 1/2" plumbing (pipes).
catback system will set you back about $2-300....where as the lot will be anywhere from $800-(to alot) depending on what you want exactly.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
VLishes said:
Hey I recently purchased SS skirting, is it a bitch to install? I suppose you would have to start drilling into the plastic, but the sides can be more difficult, colour coding hopefully shouldn't cost a lot.

Pay someone to do it!! Trust me, you don't want the front lip to drop off while driving or the rear lip when you drive over a speed bump. The front/rear is screwed and glued on while the sides are piss easy to install if they're original.
As l said though, its peace of mind if you get a professional to do it.

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
OMG i got a quote from a place in balarat for 2800$ painted and fitted thats abit to freaking too much...faken worked a month and only have saved $750 thats alot of days for a litle money =( stupid work...annyways about the exhaus i want it to sound good and to look good on the Vr so i would appriciate it if some1 can help me thnx guy use are alot of help.

Thnx in advance
Dragz.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
sircruisealotVS said:
not too hard..some sikaflex and some screws and your done.
i actually think the sides are easier to do (if they are straight...real hard if they are warped!)
also helps if you have a small cordless drill, not one of those massive hardware ones.

Yeah I got about 40 screws with the kit, side skirts look pretty straight, I was told the rear bumper needs to be removed, I'm going to the panel shop this weekend to find out how much it will cost to respray and to fill the exhaust gap.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
40!!..sh*t thats alot,lol
20 would suffice....5 on the front (one on each wheel arch , one on either corner-like the front corner if you know what i mean, and one front and centre) 5 on the rear (basically same as front...maybe one extra along the back) and 5 on each side skirt (one either end-might need to take the wheels off if you got a big drill , and three on the under side of the car).
the sikaflex is what really holds it all together, the screws are their to hold the pieces in place while it dries and as an added security afterwards (some insurance companies wont insure you if aftermarket kits arent screwed and glued)

F

flipsyde

sup fellas, I was just wonderin If any1 has painted der own kit, i wanted to do it with spray paint haha, nah i wanna go the paint shop give em the rite code and get the rite paint, ive re painted a bumper before and it turned out all good nothin was wrong with it. Has any one tried this??? Also the kits on ebay dont come with fitting screws does the ones on your old bumpers fit or will u need a few more??? Does any1 know where i can pick up a kit in the bunbury region?? anyway help would be sick, Cheers!

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
gday mate i live in bunbury, and my parents looked at getting their car re-sprayed recently, so i'll ask them where it was and how much they were quoted and i'll pm u with my findings... i think that adrenaline in halifax may do it....but im not 100% on that...

like i said, i will pm u with what i find out =)

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
it cost sh:t loads the cheapest thing is buying the bodykit any thing after that is gunna be $$$$'s