Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bonnet adjustment???

HSVGTS E2

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HOLDEN GTS E2
Hi all im trying to adjust the bonnet screw at the front to level the bonnet with the front fenders but now it will not lock down what's up with that plz help in a rush.???... Been going clockwise as well as anti clockwise but still wont lock down... The spring and all is fine just how precise do you have to adjust it to lock down and be level with the front fenders. ???:bang:

HSVGTS E2

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HOLDEN GTS E2
Yeah but how do u adjust them to aline with the bonnet and the front locking mechanisim thingy ( the one with the spring in it on the bonnet.???

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You need to screw the rubbers down a bit if the bonnet sits too high.

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
Fenders?? How long have you been living in Aus?
Seriously though, there is a fine line between getting the bonnet catch to work properly, and the adjustment rubbers to match the bonnet with the front guards. The bonnet will either not lock down (like yours), or you can't get the bloody thing to unlatch without someone pushing on it. Trial and error mainly.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Hi all im trying to adjust the bonnet screw at the front to level the bonnet with the front fenders but now it will not lock down what's up with that plz help in a rush.???... Been going clockwise as well as anti clockwise but still wont lock down... The spring and all is fine just how precise do you have to adjust it to lock down and be level with the front fenders. ???:bang:

If the bonnet is sittling lower than the mud gaurd - your hinges are bent. Get some lube on them before they bust your front window.

Replace the hindges to see the bonnet back to the gaurd level.

HSVGTS E2

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HOLDEN GTS E2
Thanks for answering my question...but... Bad day at the office monarols71?... I fixed it ok it was easy i figured it out my self... Dont start saying stuff about "DAAAA" How long u have been living in "AUSTRAILIA" coz that really pissed me off ok sorry i have written the wrong word... "FENDER" Definiton: fend·er (fndr)
a. A guard over each wheel of a motor vehicle, for example, that is shaped and positioned so as to block the splashing of water or mud... Again i deeply appologise to your language of "engwish" and that u refer to it as front guard SORRY IF I PISSED U OFF... And hopefully will have some sort of contact again... I was just putting up a question that someone could answer not a bloody political statement.

Last edited:

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
lol alls good mate a lot of miss understanding go on here in j/c dont let it get to ya and no need to say sorry( theres always some 1 here who will help you out) welcome more Q&A FROM YA cheeers
Thanks for answering my question...but... Bad day at the office monarols71?... I fixed it ok it was easy i figured it out my self... Dont start saying stuff about "DAAAA" How long u have been living in "AUSTRAILIA" coz that really pissed me off ok sorry i have written the wrong word... "FENDER" Definiton: fend·er (fndr)
a. A guard over each wheel of a motor vehicle, for example, that is shaped and positioned so as to block the splashing of water or mud... Again i deeply appologise to your language of "engwish" and that u refer to it as front guard SORRY IF I PISSED U OFF... And hopefully will have any contact again... I was just putting up a question that someone could answer not a bloody political statement.

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
I wouldn't worry I still call them mud-guards. And there aren't a whole lot of street cars that need guarding from the mud. Just an old habit from too much time around trucks and 4wds.