Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BOOST 98 petrol???

scbh81

VRUUUM XU6 180 SC
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XU6 VTII 99
Hey guys,

Just wanted to find out whether anyone has used BOOST 98 from United petrol. It has the Ethanol **** in it. its only 2 cents dearer compared to 10 cents for other 98 octane fuels (optimax). is it worth tying this?
What are the recommendations?

cheers
:confused:

arnizoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt5.7ls1
i have used it the last 10 fills no probs yet cant tell the differnce in km per tank yet cant be as good as the others i gather.seems to run good no pinging

Steven M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA S2 V6
Yeah give it a go, I've been using ethanol blended fuels and i have used both E5 and E10, I don't know where your from but here in brisbane at freedom fuels the E5 is the same price as regular unleaded and the E10 is 10c more. I have noticed that I do get a good improvement (extra 150 - 200km) using E5 over reg unleaded, for my car between E5 and E10 i did not notice an improvement so not really worth it, but i haven't had any probs with it and i can flog the car around more and not burn up as much.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
How do you get more kilometres with a blend of fuel that burns faster?

I will say this, speak to mechanics who have seen cars run on E10 and even E5. Not pretty :). But each to their own.

mitch01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec. ser.1
Steven M said:
I have noticed that I do get a good improvement (extra 150 - 200km) using E5 over reg unleaded, QUOTE]
:rofl:
lol. thats laughable mate. You telling me you get approx 30% better fuel economy just by having a splash of alcohol in the tank. An extra 200km is like going from 11.5L/100klm to 8.5L/100klm.

Sorry - Not possible.

and why doesn't the quote thingy ever work for me???? :cry: