Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boost.

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
not sure if you where talking about me having rockers ???????? i never mentioned anything about bolt on ... i just said my KW and TIME ... NO my motor has been opened ... but to say a l67 cant run 12s thats just crazy talk ...

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Jenko's - YouTube

12.5 second L67. . and that was over 5 years ago, closer to 6

2000 for an intercooler
1000 for a cam, springs, gaskets ect
500 for a YT snout and pulley
200 for diff gears
400 for extractors
400 for exhaust (stock cats)
2000 for gearbox and convertor

pretty basic package, for around 6k , and mind you the gearbox is a fair chunk of that

very simple to get these things moving

You gotta be kitten me!!! A VT full weight L67 with only bolt ons in the 12.5 region. If the 1st to 2nd shift was a bit better, it would of been even better.
I am glad I am not the only one that knows how easy it is to get a L67 moving. It's very unfortunate that others have trouble opening their eye's and seeing that there is a lot more out there than what is listed on this forum.

lolcat.jpg

Last edited:

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
double post !!!!!

Last edited:

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
My question is;

Why aren't more people making those times?

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
http://bit.ly/12RVCpc

Prob cost u 4k once u factor in tune, fuel system and turbo back exhaust.

8-10psi on ur current motor and u will **** in more power and quiet et's then any of the other cars mentioned.

FYI since when was roller rockers bolt on?

On L67 torque we allow rockers as they are a simple bolt on.
And seeing that the discussion was about the L67, just running by the guidelines that we have used for many years.

With the turbo if we are talking track, yep going to go well indeed, but on the street maybe a little different.

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
My question is;

i put it down to the right mods and the tuner ..... just like anything really .. spend big bucks on motor but dont upgrade diff or gearbox = pointless ...... alot of supporting mods ... Bigger TB Ported Blower make a huge difference..

plus comes down to money $$$ its not cheap

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
My question is;

Because people wont listen to the people that have been there and done that. Instead they listen to some muggles that has no idea about what they are talking about.

This forum is a prime example of that, people that have never owned a L67 or worked on a L67 think that they are **** because their mates brothers cousin from across the street said they were ****. Or that you can never have a logical debate and show times because some people get all sand in the vag because they have a slower car.
Its not about being the fastest or the best or the most powerful its about working with what you have and making the most of it.
If you could keep a the doomers out of a V6 or L67 thread you would be able to have rational debates of what works and what doesn't.

I look at it this way, when you have a tooth ache you don't go see a boiler maker about getting it fixed. You go and talk to people that have the runs on the board and know what is crap and what is worth spending your money on.
Its all well and good to have an opinion, we all have them, but we all have bums as well, some opinions are worth there weight in gold and some, well they are just ****.

I have a fail drawer at work that I am happy to open up and show people, so far I have 9 memcals from assorted places that were supposed to be full "dyno tunes" after retuning each car make more power more torque and used less fuel.

Its the same with every thing else, you only get what you pay for and if you want to go fast and make good torque and power, then talk to the people that have the runs on the board, it will save people $$$$$$$$.

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
I know another l67 running 12.77 as far as i am aware it has rockers, ported throttle body and elbow, 11.5 psi pulley, dual 2.25" exhaust, mace CAI and tune.

Quickest way to make an l67 faster is lose body weight.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Because people wont listen to the people that have been there and done that. Instead they listen to some muggles that has no idea about what they are talking about.

This forum is a prime example of that, people that have never owned a L67 or worked on a L67 think that they are **** because their mates brothers cousin from across the street said they were ****. Or that you can never have a logical debate and show times because some people get all sand in the vag because they have a slower car.
Its not about being the fastest or the best or the most powerful its about working with what you have and making the most of it.
If you could keep a the doomers out of a V6 or L67 thread you would be able to have rational debates of what works and what doesn't.

I look at it this way, when you have a tooth ache you don't go see a boiler maker about getting it fixed. You go and talk to people that have the runs on the board and know what is crap and what is worth spending your money on.
Its all well and good to have an opinion, we all have them, but we all have bums as well, some opinions are worth there weight in gold and some, well they are just ****.

I have a fail drawer at work that I am happy to open up and show people, so far I have 9 memcals from assorted places that were supposed to be full "dyno tunes" after retuning each car make more power more torque and used less fuel.

Its the same with every thing else, you only get what you pay for and if you want to go fast and make good torque and power, then talk to the people that have the runs on the board, it will save people $$$$$$$$.

So, the difference between a correctly tuned L67 and an average tuned one is about 2 seconds down the 1/4?

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
So, the difference between a correctly tuned L67 and an average tuned one is about 2 seconds down the 1/4?

That and the quality of the mods and the quality of the fitting of the mods. It takes a well rounded package to get it all right.

I would say that out of all the L67's I have seen on line 8 out 10 have never had a proper dyno tune.
These engines don't make massive power at the top, they make big torque at the bottom and that's what gets you moving.
I do not know how many times that cars with a lot more power than a L67 have lost against a lower powered L67.

EDIT
In saying that I know that a L67 is not the bees knees of engines, but they do have merit when done correctly.

Last edited: