Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot Leak - Need Advice

someaussieguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
Hey, i own a 96 vs exec and every time it rains i get a boot full of water and i cant tell where it is coming from. Anyone know of any common problems that i could check or where the water would most likely be coming in from??

Cheers

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Thats only for water under the spare tyre, and that a bit of a mission to fix. If it's anywhere else check the seals around boot, and check for rust under the seals...

wpr

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV AVALANCHE WAGON VYII
Hi, also check the seals around the rear lights.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Common problem in VR-VS, water leakge in boot. When i sold my VR Calais the guy that bought lifted the carpet up in the boot and said where has this come from. Nearly cost me my sale.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
you can replace those grommets newer ones in theory should give a better seal Joey.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
ive got the same problem. under my carpet is wet not ontop. i think maybe mine might be the grommet things. anyone know of part numbers from holden? i gotta go get my bottom air box. cheers.

LisnM8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5Litre
how can it be the grommets arent they covered in body deadner mine are??? unless you have taken them out for some reason, why not use some silicone, my vs always leaked from the rear boot garnish, hop in the boot with a flash light and get someone(you trust) to hose down your car iam sure youll find the leak lol make sure they let you out however my mates left me in there for 20 mins the pricks....