Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot Leak - Where?

Subway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Senator 5.0
I had water getting in to the tyre well, & it looked like it was from rear quarter window, however turned out to be a bad install on the rear spoiler, trouble with water is it will track along metal seems, wires, rubbers etc sometimes it appears to defy logic.
The best method to be sure (& what a dealer would do) is find someone you trust to close you in the boot with a torch & get them to spray a hose over various parts of the boot until you can see exactly where it is getting in.
Could save you a lot of mucking around.

Yep, already did that ages ago. I could see the water trickling in from the direction of the rear 1/4 window on the left hand side (see photos in the first post).

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
Just wondering if you ever got this scanned? I'd love to see the 'How To' with pictures, It should make the job a million times easier!

Thanks,

Subway

Sorry for the delays, i did manage to get a scan of the file, but somehow never got around to uploading it

File "scan0017.pdf"

Subway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Senator 5.0
Sorry for the delays, i did manage to get a scan of the file, but somehow never got around to uploading it

File "scan0017.pdf"

Thanks so much for that! A lot easier to follow with the photos. It looks like only pages 1-9 are there though? Would you also have pages 10-15? Thanks again, it's a huge help! I am sure others on the forum wil also benifit from it in the years to come now a scanned copy is up!

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
No worries, I will have a look for the original again and find out why it only had 9 pages. It is very old however so some may have been lost!!

From memory the next steps are to clean up the framework, apply a ring of windsheild sealer and put it all back together again.