Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot Problems

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
The spoiler fitted to my car is now clearly a backyard job as it is not sealed when it joins the boot and as such when we had rain flooded my boot!!
Can anyone recommend a company that can supply a new section of carpet for the boot as it is wrecked now.
Also has anyone put a new boot on to a car? Is this difficult as I might have the option of obtaining a SV5000 body kit and as such would just replace the whole boot lid.
Thankx

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Try a wreckers they might still have carpet in the boot, also a pick a part place, might cost ya 10 bucks.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah thought of that but depends on the condition of it as they are stuck down and will prob damage the underlay section when I take it off

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
The carpet in mine isnt stuck down it just lifts out in one big sheet, no glue or anything, mine the type that covers the spare wheel. (thats if that is standard lol)

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Pull the spoiler off, should be four or six bolts under the bootlid, then put a few blobs of sikaflex or silicone around the bolt holes before refitting.

Most spoilers come with gaskets/seals, the only modification made to the boot is a few bolt holes. Not much can really leak, I suggest you pull the spoiler off and have a look.

Check your actual boot seal too, just incase

If you want carpet and underlay for the boot try this link <<Tru Fit Carpets>>, I bought a complete piece of moulded carpet for a Calais a few years ago. It was a great fit and an awesome price.

Otherwise go to a carpet retailer grab some carpet and underlay, cut it to size yourself and your set. Probably the cheaper option

Cheers

Jake

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah i'll rip it off and get some sikaflex from work (it's da best **** there is) and seal it up. The seals are fine I thought it was them so they have been replaced. I'll give em a call bout the carpet rather do it properly.

D

death-from-above

I wouldnt mind getting an idea on how much a set of the three piece mats are for a VS if your ringing them up.