Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"bore" VE SS rims to fit VY.

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
It's pretty easy. You'd have to be trying to stuff up, that's for sure.

There seems to be alot of confusion about which wheel nuts are suitable & for the better part 'safer'. The VT-VZ standard wheel nuts will do the trick just fine.
The taper sits perfectly against that of the VE Wheels, thus securing and locating the wheel as it should...

1. There is a 3mm lip around the inner edge of the VE SS Wheels, where the hub located onto the wheel. See pic below.
2. Use a die grinder and a metal file, to round the lip off.
3. Fit each wheel as a test after

IMG_0471.jpg

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
hey mate
I recently fitted a set of these onto my VT as my dad got new rims for his VE we did all this for free
We used like a battery drill and a drill piece that is like a sander kinda hard to explain. but yer went around the inside of the rim then placed it on if it didn't fit we smacked it on so it gave a mark on the inside of the wheel this then told us where to focus on sanding again took us no time at all

That's exactly what not to do...

Jarrod1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
?
Hey I'm keen to see a photo of this sanding method

hey mate
I recently fitted a set of these onto my VT as my dad got new rims for his VE we did all this for free
We used like a battery drill and a drill piece that is like a sander kinda hard to explain. but yer went around the inside of the rim then placed it on if it didn't fit we smacked it on so it gave a mark on the inside of the wheel this then told us where to focus on sanding again took us no time at all and $0 lol

If you wanna try this method out let me know and ill send pictures of the sanding bit and full instructions
cheers

also for the nuts I just went to my local tyre shop and they hooked me up Blairs tyres in Corrimal $40
I also had to get a lower profile tyre on the front because the original tyre was rubbing on the strut dunno if this is needed for a VY but

Hey mate can I see a photo of this sanding method ?
Email me at [email protected]

Tepene taaka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore 2002 series2
I just recently purchased some ssv Ve rims for my vx and I managed to bore it pretty good. And it sits perfectly and I haven't had any problems what so ever