Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Box for Vibe Space CBR12

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Got my amp and sub today but didn't have time to install it. I have my box all together with liquid nails now just got to get some screws into it. I was thinking about mounting the sub in the middle rather than the sides.

I will fully install it after work if i finish early. I'm not too sure what settings i shold have the amp at i will have to fiddle around. Does anyone know of a good starting point setting?

Just some advice, if the box has just been built, leave it for a few days before installing the sub, as some of the things used to build a box can often be harmful to the sub, such as silicone and adhesives..

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Just some advice, if the box has just been built, leave it for a few days before installing the sub, as some of the things used to build a box can often be harmful to the sub, such as silicone and adhesives..

It even says so in the manual :)

Oh and remember not to pump it for a week until to suspension loosens up!

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
Thanks for those tips guys i didn't have a clue that the stuff from the box could be harmful. I was hoping i could have had it in by tonight (friday) but i guess i'll just wait till sunday or something. I really don't wanna go wrecking my sub lol.

Joe i will post up a review on the sub and amp once it has been hooked up!

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
I like the number 32. Don't ask why because I don't know. Tuning it nice and low will give it a nice flat response for maximum enjoyment :)

I will run some test tones through the BlackAir 12 and do a test of where the tuning frequency is on my VIBE CBR box. Tuning to a similar frequency with a larger box would be sweeeeet.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yeah, the lower the tuning freq. the deeper the bass and the flatter the frequency response.....the only downside is the depth needed to get it peaking low (under 30hz). I agree with Joe, around 32-35hz will sound deep. Also worth a note, the box (in-car) will "peak" between 5-10hz higher than what a box program tells you its tuned to. This is due to a few factors i wont get into ;)
So yeah, actual peak should be around the 40-45hz mark.....almost perfect for a daily system. You dont really want to go too much lower, most normal music peaks around these marks so it'll go well.

Have you got a Termlab now Joe? Thats the only way youre gonna tell where the peak frequency is. Plus you'll need to do it outside of a car, the resonant freq. of the car will give you misleading results.

Tuning to a similar freq. using a larger box will require one of two things:
A) Larger port with the same depth as the smaller box.
B) Same port, made shorter.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
No Termlab at the moment.

I was just going to have a look at the cone and find out which frequency was getting unloaded.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Its going to be hard to determine which freq. its peaking at.......it will probably unload at 3-4hz below tuning freq anyway, you need a Termlab man.......and i'll just have to borrow it, lol ;)