Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Braided Brake Lines?

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
hey everyone, just wondering how much braided brake lines are? i'm in melbourne and what would be the perfect size to get, i have a vy ss, with dba slotted rotors and bendix gt's brake pads, wot size, length for front and rear would i need, and are they worth it?

thanks, Ben.

Matt0

Reaction score
I have thought about replacing my front brake hoses because they are getting old now and I had a car once that had blistered hoses and would blow up in bubbles when braking hard which was scary to find out.

Look on ebay. There is a guy selling them and other car parts for about $130 a set for the front and about 100 bucks more for the back as a package.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
They did tests on this and the expansion of each hose is negligable... The braided did preform better but isnt the greatest. IE> Not worth upgrading unless your hoses need replacing. If they need replacing they why not.

Just make sure there ADR approved for ROAD USE and eveything is fine. If the hoses dont need redoing, dont bother. Buy bigger rotors, calipers and MC's first.

aZk.

Matt0

Reaction score
They did tests on this and the expansion of each hose is negligable... The braided did preform better but isnt the greatest. IE> Not worth upgrading unless your hoses need replacing. If they need replacing they why not.

Just make sure there ADR approved for ROAD USE and eveything is fine. If the hoses dont need redoing, dont bother. Buy bigger rotors, calipers and MC's first.

aZk.

Yeah I'm pretty sure these ones on ebay were approved. I will replace mine soon with braided ones and I figured why not because ordinary rubber hoses cost 60 bucks each anyway.

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive

aZk.

would you recommend me changing my lines since im about to put a set of twins on my vr?

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
yeah, its a good chance to fit it and be sure. There a little bit more expensive but will last longer than rubber.. they look cool too.

aZk.

EDIT: Im gussing there VT twins? if so, the caliper adapter hoses that come with it are braided anyway... unless its a differnt kit that is.