Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Calipers And Discs.

D

d hsv

I'm planning on taking the rims off my VT this weekend and cleaning them up a bit. I also want to take off the calipers and discs, sand back the surface rust and paint them black with some enamel I picked up today. I should be able to get them off alright, but is there anything I need to know about putting them back on or anything like that? I'm no mechanic

G

grover

you will have to bleed the brakes if you unbolt the brakelines from the calipers,probably wouldnt hurt to repack your wheel bearings with grease either.you would probably be better off leaving everything on the car and do it that way if you arent too confident.give it a degrease and clean up with a wire wheel in a drill or on a grinder.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with Grover, you can get the job done with the calipers and rotors still on the car with a bit less hassle.

I've found that you should use High Temp paint and brake dust remover otherwise your handy work ends up looking nasty in 3mths time. Wait and see how much dust comes off when you start hooking in with the wire brush

Post up some pics when your done, should look good bud.

Cheers

Jake

G

grover

great minds think alike jake.industrial 2 pack is good gear also for this kind of job