Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Feel

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
I have an interesting one for yas...

My VZ SV6 seems to, as of late, be giving a weird sort of feedback through the brake pedal. Lemme explain,

Say for instance I am coming up to a corner at a rate of knotts (like you do ..) and you have JUST started to brake ever so lightly, go over a bump in the road, and feel a slight vibration in the brake pedal. Anyone know what could cause this?

Not worried about it at all, just thought I might mention it because its a little weird, theres absolutely NO problem braking or anything at all.

-Chris

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
an eager abs system maybe, could be just the vibration of the bump going though to the pedal?

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Feels like a little vibration coming through the pedal yeah, its not as if its forcing my foot back up at all

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Feels like a little vibration coming through the pedal yeah, its not as if its forcing my foot back up at all

can you hear weird grinding, car is going to explode sort of noises? if you can its abs, with these new systems you dont get much feedback through the pedal but its damm noisy

VZ05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2005
I think I had the same noise going over tram tracks, I think it was the abs being a bit premeture. It was pretty damn noisy when it happened...

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Not hearing any weird noises at all no. The car sounds perfectly fine. Does ABS come on when you are say braking into a puddle and start aquaplaning (loss of traction in general) because I think it might be something like I the ABS is engaging and I feel the vibration/lightening of the pedal

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Not hearing any weird noises at all no. The car sounds perfectly fine. Does ABS come on when you are say braking into a puddle and start aquaplaning (loss of traction in general) because I think it might be something like I the ABS is engaging and I feel the vibration/lightening of the pedal

yes sounds like abs, these new abs systems are different to early systems, you dont have to be pushing the pedal hard at all for it to start operating,

there is a bridge in our town that goes over the highway, the bridge is on an angle and going off the other side off the bridge back onto tar, the abs will regulate without fail every time

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
The little pulse you can feel/hear is abs. Kicks in very easy if you slowing and hit some uneven road.

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Bingo :) Coz it feels like the pedal dips away from my foot (vibration sort of feel) and then when my foot falls with it it catches again and regains feel. Glad to know its just the ABS and that it actually works then heh. Thanks for the tips guys.

-Chris