Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Light Failure

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Hi Guys

Was coming home from work tonight, and noticed that my stop lamp in the rear window wasn't working... Got home to find out that NONE of my brake lights were working at all.:mad:

I have checked the fuse, which is OK, so I am just wondering what the problem could be? Could the brake light switch on the pedal be stuffed? Will this have an effect on the cruise control? If it is the switch that is buggered, does anyone know what they are worth?

Cheers

Harvs82

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
have you tried replacing any of the bulbs? might just be a case that all of your bulbs are blown. its not like they are that expensive

edit: do they work when you have headlights on?

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
WiLo said:
have you tried replacing any of the bulbs? might just be a case that all of your bulbs are blown. its not like they are that expensive

edit: do they work when you have headlights on?

Ok, an update on the situation, all globes are working, its the switch on the pedal, looks like it requires adjustment. Any pointers on how this is done?

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
so your not getting brakes? not sure on how they are in commdoores as havent had problems with mine(yet) depending on which side of the pedal its on you should either have to tighten or loosen the switch, i know in my old corolla it was just a bolt in type thing

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
WiLo said:
so your not getting brakes? not sure on how they are in commdoores as havent had problems with mine(yet) depending on which side of the pedal its on you should either have to tighten or loosen the switch, i know in my old corolla it was just a bolt in type thing

Yeah I think it must be some sort of a plunger type switch. I have fiddled around with it, and now the lights are working, still need to press the pedal down further than I would like, but I will adjust it properly on the weekend.

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
grab one from the wreckers

they don't go very often and are a peice of piss to change and adjust by screwing it out or in

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
theburna said:
they don't go very often and are a peice of piss to change and adjust by screwing it out or in

Yeah, I thought it was more of a falcon thing for the switch to actually break! Thanks for the tip, will have a fiddle around with it tomorrow after work.