Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake pads Calibre supercheap crap

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
well changed my brakes with those calibre pads all round, they seem to bite okish but as soon as you get some heat in em there sooooooo ####ing bad on brake fade (like 1-2 light to medium stops) also after a fair bit of driveing and bedding in they dont seem to be rubbing on the rotors too weel as in i can see where there rubbing and where there not.

I only brought the as it was 2 for 1 a whle ago, anyway how good are teh Ferodo Zero pads as i have a couple of new sets here that i forgot about and before i go and install them are they better or worse then the supercheap ones?

at the moment money is low but i will be fetching some good pads in future and well anythings better then these supercheap ones right?lol

i had the cheapest Ferodo pads u could get (yellow box) on me vn and they seemed way better then these Calibre ones and they were only 20 bucks normal price lol

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I put the zero pads in the love bus (Kia carnival) and the good for the bus..

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
When the money comes in or even if you can afford it now get a set of bendix ultimate pads… They grip so well it pulls my car up like no tomorrow. lol :)

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
bendix ct are also quite good
have found the bendix ultimate's chew through rotors quite fast, they seem to be more suited to continuous hard braking where you keep a lot of heat in them, a few people i know have found the same thing, went through 1 set of ultimates on the front with new rotors fitted at the same time and by the time the pads needed replacing the rda discs were 18mm thick and unroadworthy.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
You pay for what you get. What were you expecting? Hit up GSL Rallysport they will help with brake pads at a competitive price.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Bendix are probably one of the best pads around atm. With the Titanium stripe and no bedding in, they are certainly the most popular choice so far.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
bendix ct are also quite good
have found the bendix ultimate's chew through rotors quite fast, they seem to be more suited to continuous hard braking where you keep a lot of heat in them, a few people i know have found the same thing, went through 1 set of ultimates on the front with new rotors fitted at the same time and by the time the pads needed replacing the rda discs were 18mm thick and unroadworthy.

I haven’t had a problem.. I have a VT brake upgrade on mine with the ultimate pads and sometimes i do some hard braking and my rotors still don’t even have a lip on them.. so maybe it was the brand they were using or something idk but i personally have never had a problem

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Calibre pads are for if you're selling your car, lol. Ferodo's will be better than Calibre, but I use Bendix GCT's and will not use anything else.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calibre pads are for if you're selling your car, lol. Ferodo's will be better than Calibre, but I use Bendix GCT's and will not use anything else.

Lol until they take it for a test spin and the brakes are barely working haha or the car is barely stopping in time lol :)

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
I'm sure the calibre pads have written on them that they are manufactured by bendix......

I tried ferodo about 10 years ago and found them to work once under hard braking then you'd have to pull them off and deglaze them, had a squishy pedal feel aswell, they may have stepped up their game in manufacturing but i've never tried them again.