Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake pads Calibre supercheap crap

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I fitted calibre brand pads to front of my VS once. I bought them just to get me through to payday so I didnt wreck my discs, as the old pads were down to the metal. These calibre pads were heaps bad with the squealing noise they made, I couldnt believe they could make so much noise. (And I thought the local garbage trucks and buses had loud squealing brakes,pfff, they had nothing on the noise these cheap pads made).
I usually use either bendix ultimates or ferodo brand pads. I find both bendix ultimates and ferodo pads to be about the same as far as how well they work and how long they last etc. I always brake heaps heavy when I drive, I get anywhere from 6 to 12 months out of a set of bendix or ferodo pads.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
Well i brought the calibre pads as yeh wanted to see how good/bad they are and thorght they would be half decent as there supposed to be made by bendix and thorght bendix would make a half decent brake pad regadless of what name they are branded as they still have there name on them.

the calibre pads dont squeak (except for teh rear left but that was squeaking with the old pads aswel...??) they just dont stop lol