Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Pads

PeterVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Equipe
I have a 2002 VX II Equipe and I am about to replace the front brake pads. The Bendix CT is my first choice, but I have just put Hi-Q pads on the rear.

These seem OK so far.

Has anyone run the cheaper Hi-Q pads on the front ?

Are the Hi-Q Bad, acceptable, or Good ?

Appreciate any informed comment.

Cheers all

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Ive used el cheapo pads and bendix pads before. Cheapest were $25, and bendix around $80, All performed well.
So long as they grab quick and can cause a ABS lockup quickly shouldn't be an issue. The biggest difference i found is only brake dust. Bendix has the least, cheap pads are dusty. Obviously they wouldn't perform very well in a racing environment, but day to day driving I wouldn't see the issue.

They are also the OEM for Hyundai. So can't be that terrible to meet Australian safety standards.

Last edited:

ChocolateCharlie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Executive
I can't remember what pads i used when I did mine but they were pretty cheap and work nicely, still going strong.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I hated the CT's on the Falcon. We replaced these with the discs and until they had some heat in them they were freakin terrible, and I mean having to drive about a km down the road. I actually had the callipers rebuilt as I thought they must have been faulty. They are still in my ex's car now, unfortunately she hasn't crashed yet because of them :(

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I bought a set of AC Delco pads but fitted them to a mates car. He says they are OK. The only thing with them is they don;t come with the backing plate/shim that is on genuine GM pads and some other brands. I've got to replace front pads soon have a set of RDA GP pads ready to go. I have them on our second car and they work well but noticed the rims do get quite dirty especially if you drive it in the rain. The RDA pads are generally about $60 I think but I got them for a good price on e-bay. Genuine GM pads are probably the best but quite expensive.