Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake question please

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Sometimes machining causes the problem because the discs are mounted crooked on the lathe. If you can, get them machined on the car. If they are too far gone, new discs are in order.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
The other thing to note here is that new discs are very cheap these days. I picked up my DBA slotted front rotors for $100 each, and the standard disc can be purchased for quite a bit less than that....

johnnyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF V6 Falcon
totally!

Ive always braked like that, it feels more comfortable for me and my passengers when you take your foot off then place it down gently again the car comes to a nicer softer stop, no harsh jerking like my dads braking.

I didn't realise this was good for the brakes, I always did that for the 'comfort' factor. Funnily though I can recall my stupid driving instructor recommending not to brake like this! Some people...:wax:

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
the first time i took an abs subaru for a rap i nearly pooed myself when i put the brakes on hard damn pulsing pedal thats what you get with abs

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Did it on my VS, its quite scary that noise and pulsating feel on the pedal. Dad thought its something wrong with the car Lol....