Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake upgrade

MrFitzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II SS Sedan
Howdy everyone,

Just wanted to get some feedback from people that may have heard or have had any experience with this eBay seller and their products.

343mm PK1 COMMODORE VB-VZ BIG BRAKE KIT HSV SIZE PBR HSV R8 TWIN PISTON BILLET | eBay

I have a 04 VYII SS Sedan, it ain't no track car, however, I would like to have an upgraded brake option for the daily driver.
My main question is directed to those that have dealt with this seller and/or their products. Are these brakes actually worth it or should I be looking at Harrop "Performance upgrade" instead?

Now the listing states that they are VE calipers, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought VE calipers are not compatible with the VT-VZ series due to mounting issues?

I have also contemplated other options such as VY Clubsport brakes (330mm Front/315mm Rear) or even just go standard T2 DBA slotted with bendix ultimates all round.

Like I said any advice regarding dealings with this seller or products will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

MrFitzie

Last edited by a moderator:

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
For a daily the 330mm HSV setup would be fine. They can be had quite cheap if you keep an eye on ebay.
I had decent pads and just slotted rotors in our Calais and it stopped pretty good for a stocker. Depends on your budget.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
If it's just a daily then a rotor and pad upgrade is all you need. Get some T2 rotors and QFM HPX pads from brakesdirect.

MrFitzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II SS Sedan
Cheers guys,

Appreciate the advice.

vongy10: I was actually looking at this option as this car won't be highly modified and most likely not on a track.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
I use stock calipers with slotted rotors and HPX pads in my VZ, Does 12sec 1/4 mile and pulls up fine.

Rawrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais 3.8
I stuck T2 rotors and bendix ultra premium pads on my V6, stock everything else. Bloody hell it pulls up quick. You need to be careful with slotted rotors though. Don't ride them at all. Be careful with how you brake and be mindful of how long you've been braking for. Reason is that slotted rotors can warp easier than solid rotors. But bloody hell they stop a car.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Never seen decent brand name slotted rotors warp, but yes can't stand when people coast the brakes

baza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss 2003 auto sedan
I reckon flush brake fluid , if hasnt been changed in over 2 years . Replace with a quality dot 4 brake fluid, buy 4 new good brand slotted rotors . and then put Bendix ultimate , or similar brake pads front and rear . Car should stop well and the all up cost of parts and labor should be around $ 800. cheers......

Interloper94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
I got DBA T2's and bendix ultimates on my vy v6, it's squeeks a fair bit, haven't been able to get them to fade but that's only with a v6, if that kit is legit i'm probably gonna go down that track, never a bad thing to have bigger brakes.
looks better too if ya have big rims.