Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Breath Better

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Do you want to elaborate on that a bit more? Interested on your theory of the car getting "boost" while its going along...

An air filter slows the speed of the air, the engine regulates the amount of air that comes into it, not the pressure from the car moving.

If your doing 100k's and you had an exposed air filter, the pressure of the car going 100k's doesnt force the air up the intake, its slowed down by the filter and by the engine itself.

Well to put it simply, as the car is moving it's displacing air. The air gets "squashed" briefly as the car hits it, creating positive pressure (boost). Negative pressure is created behind the car in the area it's moving from.

Certainly the filter and other intake components slow the air down, but there are still areas of high/low air pressure around the body of the car while it's in motion.

There is a good series of Autospeed articles on this topic:
Browser Warning (make sure you read all 5 pages)
and another more specifically about air intakes and pressure:
Browser Warning

crazy2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2005 VZ V6
Well Its fitted

Well after realising that getting a 90 degree pipe silicone or other for the 3.5 inch opening which seemed damm near impossible to get from Autobarn/supercheap & others I'm told mabe a special order I set up as in pic

Immediate notice is throttle response and under hard accelaration a growl not sure if much in horse power but for the throttle response and noticeable smother upshift pretty happy $29 POD filter $56 Adaptor $7.99 Sock for dust on POD filter Installation time 20 minutes. Have checked for engine heat exchange over 3 trips both local and on run and have to say little heatup the POD warm at best on the side nearest engine. Will setup a little neater on the bracket securing to block shortly.

Let me know what ya think

Attachments

• Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 184