Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

broke the oil filter cover please help????

05 Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ alloytec Calais
The whole filter housing unbolts and comes away , there is one on ebay complete for 125 , search for VE/VZ oil filter canister assembly

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
My mechanic had a go at me for not doing the cap or the plug up tight enough .... ( even though i torqued them to spec )

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Cap doesnt need to be tight at all, once the cap is flush with the housing ie no gap above the thread just nip it up a tad more and youre done.

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
serviced my mates vz today, i had to get the impact rattle gun out. to remove the filter cap...then a breaker bar out for the sump plug..a toyota dealer serviced it last time..why so tight it dosent need to be????

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Because some people are idiots.

MindPiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz,vs.. au.. pajero
i put a 24 mm which was slightly to big over it with the breakerbar .. but dont have imperials atm..anyway itdidnt budge the cap.. just rotated and got wedged on( whats the term for that??)... gonna try an oil filter wrench later but i spose if that dont work ill just top myself.. what do yas reckon ? sound plan?..

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
smash a big screw driver thru the filter and twist.. had to do that a few times.. - double check the new filter to which way you turn first thou.. don't want to tighten it up more..

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Had to do this on the weekend. Hammer and the biggest Phillips head I had did the trick.

Had to put three holes in it, one at a time then spin as far as you can, then repeat. Bit of oil came out as I did each hole, had the pan and some newspaper under the filter before I did it. Got it off easily enough that way.

On my VZ looking up at it, I had to turn it clockwise.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
^^^this thead is about the v6 alloytec where the oil filter is above the engine....... anyway if u need another filter housing vz filte housing | eBay