Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken Glove Box in the VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Series I
Has any1 elses glove bx broken in their car, it is basically not in use because i just clipped it on and the back of the glovebox is basically hanging. Does anyone know how to fix it, mayb even a DIY job?
Cheers:thumbsup:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
There should be a big round plastic pin in the glove box that has come out. It goes in the corner and it may be a bit hard getting the holes to line up.

joebloggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
The glovebox is basically 2 pieces of plastic, the outer and inner and are screwed together around the edges. Holden sells the inner part for about $35.
All you have to do is put it together, then place it is position. The bottom left corner goes into a loop, whilst the right has the pin. Make sure you havent broken the loop off first.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
The glovebox is basically 2 pieces of plastic, the outer and inner and are screwed together around the edges. Holden sells the inner part for about $35.
All you have to do is put it together, then place it is position. The bottom left corner goes into a loop, whilst the right has the pin. Make sure you havent broken the loop off first.

Yes check the loop that the glove box goes into,on the left.I payed under $20 for the glovebox piece and about $30 for the part that screws up into the dash.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Series I
Yer well its the left side thats broken, the loop, so ill have to guy nuy the inner part from holden. When i went n got my car all servicd, the idiot sed it culdnt be fixed?? haha thats why i came to the greatest website on earth

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Yeah mine was broken too.Holden have em and they arnt too hard to replace.Be VERY careful fitting the glove box back in to the new loop part.Its a tight fit and mine sounded like it broke when mine popped in(crapped myself).Good luck with it.

Nadejda Letat

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden Sedan
When I tried to fit glove box in via left side pin into loop, it does not fit snugly and while the glove box can close, I have to be careful when I open it as it flops down and I'm afraid the pin will snap again. Does it need a sort of rubber grommet? to protect the pin from snapping?

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Mine is broken aswel, Didnt realise it was a common thing.

One day I'll get around to trying to fix it.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
When I tried to fit glove box in via left side pin into loop, it does not fit snugly and while the glove box can close, I have to be careful when I open it as it flops down and I'm afraid the pin will snap again. Does it need a sort of rubber grommet? to protect the pin from snapping?

No, the pin just slides in the way it is. It sounds like your problem is on the left side, maybe something broke. I seem to recall some sort of rubber ring on the left side, perhaps that is missing.

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Yeh both side's should have a rubber ring's around them, The right hand side one is quiet solid but the left hand one is the one that brake's more often, Because the left one is the one that has to be bent in order to reomove or fit the glovebox.