Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

broken seat rails

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
It appears that the rails that attach to the drivers seat has clearly snapped off.

My seat was kind of loose on the right hand side for a few days, was going to look at it soon but today I was driving along and snap the left side comes off... (See attached)

What is the easiest cost effective fix for this ?

imag0857.jpg

imag0858.jpg

imag0859c.jpg

imag0860.jpg

imag0861e.jpg

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Probably wreckers, just grab a new seat + rails. If it's the same model you should be able to hot swap the rails and just grab a new rail.

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
Thanks, just got back and seen your reply. After posting this I thought how hard can it be to swap it over. After about 10 different wreckers I found a VT S that had the same seat as mine, just a little different fabric. Except for the back pocket it was in better condition than my seat. Easy swap over too.

I thought a quick weld might have sufficed but after speaking with some friends I would have had to remove the seat, strip seat, weld, re do seat then put back in. I scored the new seat for $40 so not to bad...

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Great minds think alike, your friends are right, would be a big pain the ass to weld it up. How much did the seat set you back if you don't mind my asking?