Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Broken steering wheel button

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
The volume up button on the right hand side of the steering wheel broke 2day. Anyone know what the part is worth, i take it the whole right hand side needs to be replaced (mute, volume up and down buttons)

Cheers

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
Yeah. I have the same problem on my VY. It works. but its not right.. you have to really hold it down to get it to work..

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
yeah it still works but jiggles around and almost falls out

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
seems to be an issue because that button is has **** itself on mine also

seannatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLe/VR Wagon
Ok guys if your car is still in new car warranty most vehicle built late 2005 this is covered under warranty you must have less than 100,000km. This part is availabe to buy from your local dealership. I work in spare parts and can sell this item and freight it you.

The volume button on the VZ's must be bought in one part and it includes both sides (earlier model commodrers you could buy both sides seperate and a button kit) unfortunatly this isnt availbe for the VZ. I had to order one today.

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Ur telling me to replace the volume up button i've gotta buy the whole left AND right hand assembly?! How much we talking for everyday ppl?

seannatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLe/VR Wagon
Sorry i forgot to check. I think it is around 100 dollars.

Yeah its crap, i only just found out yesterday.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I got mine off ebay for $60. They are the calais black ones but for some reason the buttons feel more stronger.

Its the little tab thing that breaks off, once its gone the whole button comes off.

The switch assembly is both sides, you will need to remove the air bag to route the wiring, which if your not careful when re-connecting it you could set off an SRS warning which has to be removed by Holden :whistling