Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buick Into VS (I have my reasons)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
who really cares if its legal its not gonna kill anyone just cause it has a buick in it LOL will go better than the ecotec ever did but LOL

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
delcowiz are you saying the Buicks go harder than the Ecotecs?
All my friends say they prefer buicks but never say why.

Also as for legality, wouldn't you be able to just do an Engine Number change form I know some people here in WA have done that I don't know how it's like in SA

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 VS II Statesman (With a SunRoof ;)
im not too sure about the engine number change, but getting her legal is the least of my concerns at the moment i needa try ans source a wiring diagram to fix up all the lose ends
Basically i started Out with a T5 And S1 Buick, Slotted that in, But then realized that the plugs that feed up behind the dash at the ecu where wrong on the S1 engine loom, i got around this by swapping it over to a VP loom which i had laying around, just needa extend a few wires and that will be sorted, but the next problem is connecting it to the Plugs at the back of the Firewall on the Drivers side, there are two of them and 1 is a different plug so it wont go straight in so i need a wiring diagram for this as well as a plug down buy the fuse box.... or alternatively I could run the VS Engine loom on The Buick and do away with those issues, but i wold create a few more Like Knock sensors

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
On second thoughts, would a VR Engine loom have all the correct Plugs at the fuse box and Firewall?

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
All the people have told me it's too complicated to Swap from Ecotec to Buick and Ecotec to Buick, Your best bet is getting gregories books for both cars and start from there.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Did the VS have and engine in it that was working? why not just bolt the T5 behind the Ecotec???

on a side note...Buick going harder than an ecotec? lol. I'll believe it when i actually have one beat me in my dads stock VS.... and the P platers do try lol

hotweelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na the VS was $400 with no motor and a blown trans, and id prefer to stick with the Buick if i can

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
It is completely up to you what you want to do it.

But if you use the Buick it will just be a matter of time before you get in trouble with authorities, you may have rego on the car as of now but it will not pass on the next renewal.

If it was me I would track down a low KM Ecotec, and as for the power difference Ecotec VS Buick, who really cares you can't use any sort of power on the street anyway.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
If you have an accident and your vehicle is inspected, you will be found 100% in the wrong as your vehicle will be found un-roadworthy with that engine and should not have been on the road. Your insurance company will just rip-up your insurance cover.:rofl2:

This thread should be deleted or locked as the mod is illegal.:lock:

Unsure about australias backwards traffic laws, but (here, atleast) having a different engine in the car does not automatically make you at fault in an accident, nor does it void your insurance cover. Unless the engine was a direct cause of the accident (IE it fell out and killed someone or something) it can not void your insurance cover.

Guys on this forum are way too anal about engine swaps, or just cool mods in general.

I guess none of you are running remapped memcals, either? And your sparkplugs are all gapped at exactly 1.5mm? your EGR and PCV systems are all in perfect working order? If your worried about violating your precious emissions laws, you might want to look into that.

Adamvr93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack - 5 speed
if i was you id keep my eye out for a L67 and put the T5 behind that xD

otherwise just get an ecotec... its only a few hundred bucks and you can just put it straight in without worrying about all the wiring...