Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Building a HTPC does anyoneelse have one?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Nice one man, your tv setup looks a lot like mine!

Also good news, the new xbmc is rumoured to have tv tuner support and finally utilise video cards for hardware acceleration.

Did you get the imon remote with the big pad thing in the middle of it with your case? How do you find it? I'm thinking of upgrading to a logitech harmony or similar.

Good to hear i havent got a TV tuner card yet so i will get one when xbmc supports it. I'm quite happy with xbmc running aeon stark with phil65 mod looks absolutely lush i havent got everything working in it yet but so far so good its kind of hard for me to figure out how to get things looking the way i want as it seems most f the support is rather to technical for me.
I cant get movies to show up in the movie section or tv shows in tv shows they only seem to show up in my videos. i Also want get rid of the add source pane when you select music i just want it to go straight to the music as its all in the one spot. Also it crashes in windows 7 which idk why so i have been sticking with xp for now.

Yes i got that remote i dont mind it but in xp the mouse is waaaaay to slow so i have been sticking with the wireless keyboard i havent tried it in XBMC yet so idk how well it works in that.

HAve to say i dont get much time on it missus loves it can watch and listen to music out in the lounge plus go on the net at the same time.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
To get the movies and tv shows to show up in the right folders you need to add them to the library. I found the easiest way to do this was to go back to the PM3 skin so you can use the mouse. Go to the Videos section, and right click on your movies source, selecting 'Set Content' in the list. From here choose movies as the type of content and tell it to scan. It will then connect to an online database and scrape all the movie info, automatically adding it all to the library. Do the same thing with TV Shows.

In settings you can select to get rid of the add source button. Also you can set it to scan for new content whenever xbmc starts, good for when you add new videos.

With regards to the crashing, try running it in Win 7 under XP compatibility mode, you can set it in properties for the shortcut.