Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Burst Power Steering Pipe/Hose

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
Hey guys, Today ive noticed a problem with my sisters VS commodore basically its spewing power steering fluid everywhere,
Ive looked under the car and have found the issue is a burst Steel pipe that runs from the rack into the reservior, it has somehow rubbed onto the engine mount and cut away at the pipe,

My big problem is that i dont know what this pipe is called and where do i buy them? (from bursons im guessing?). Is it the low or high pressure line? im assuming its the low pressure as its more of a dribble than a spray,

Thanks guys i cant really get a camera into it to show a photo, but its on the steel pipe that runs between the rack and the reservoir and goes along side the drivers side engine mount.

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
You'll need to go to a wreckers as these aren't made anymore, as I found out with mine lol, follow tge line and if it goes to the very front of the car in front of or below radiator in a loop that's the high pressure feed, and if not its tge return line, should only be $50 or so? I'm more curious as to how it's been bent towards the engine mount?

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
low pressure line, you can get them new, try bursons repco etc. dunno how expensive it will be if not grab one from a wreckers

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
no worries thanks guys ill hit up repco in the morning and see how i go, no idea how it got damaged. Living down a dirt road with all kinds of junk laying across it, could be a stick getting caught, anyones guess... These easy to replace? looks like a bugger of a job trying to wiggle it out!