Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a laptop

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
What if you don't have onboard graphics? (like many PCs)

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Then u try another graphics card

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
P.s: You've obviously got some sort of aggression issue. Calm down. It's an internet forum.

Nope i just don't let people push me around or be a complete wanker in my responses. Be a complete wanker to me in the first place and I'll bite ya ****ing head off.

no..not aggressive at all..

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Back on topic, I second those who said either Dell or Toshiba. The Lenovo ThinkPads are also worth a look as well.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Dell is winning 3 votes to 1 I think it's clear which brand I should go for!!!!!!!!!

Dont really know what happened to my thread but thanks to people who have offered their opinons and advice.

I'm looking at:

Benq Joybook dual core 2.1ghz, 250GB, 2gb RAM, 14" screen blah blah blah. $1200 from A & R computers.

Dell inspiron 250gb, dual core 2.0ghz, 2gb RAM, 15" screen Microsoft office included. $1100 from Officeworks

Asus dual core 2.16Ghz, 250gb, 2gb RAM 15" screen blah blah blah. Office thrown in no worries. $1100 from JB's.

Only really using it for basic stuff prob running a little bit of ableton or something like that so dont need a special graphics card or anything.

One of the main things I am asking is who should I buy from taking into consideration I'm not all that computer savvy. The Benq is winning at the moment because it's from A & R and it's also a pretty decent little laptop with all the specs I need and the right size.

My main worry is is something goes wrong or there's something I cant figure out that I wont be able to easily get help if I buy from JB's and the like.

Reaction score
Buy a mac laptop, once you go mac you never go back! :)

Reaction score
drewins if you go with dell you can get pretty good discounts if you buy online. And the after sales support is also pretty good. I used to work at HP, since they off shored thier support i believe it's done down hill, as far as after sales support is concerned.