Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a VZ at Auction

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
all fleet cars get the same tyres and rims as the police, fire, ambo and rescue cars... should have an LSD also

keeps costs down cos they buy in bulk

colk

VZ 3.6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 Exec
From the looks of the plate it could have LSD, codes are exactly the same as mine (ex police). Except mine has FE2 also so maybe it doesn't? either way its a nice car.

Good buy mate, looks quite neat and tidy!!

It should still be under new car warranty, you can also send away to get road side assistance etc like I did

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
From the looks of the plate it could have LSD, codes are exactly the same as mine (ex police). Except mine has FE2 also so maybe it doesn't? either way its a nice car.

Good buy mate, looks quite neat and tidy!!

It should still be under new car warranty, you can also send away to get road side assistance etc like I did

Still has 11 months new car warranty. I'll have to have a look at the diff to see if it's limited slip - it just has the standard 3.08 ratio.

I think I'll go looking for the build sheet under the carpet - see if I can find it with all the options on it.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
shes a single spinner fella, dont know what the go with spare is but it should be the same as the rest of them, is the tyre still new?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
shes a single spinner fella, dont know what the go with spare is but it should be the same as the rest of them, is the tyre still new?

Dont think the wife will mind a single spinner:p

The spare is a ring in I susspect as it has the rust stain on the tread where a tyre stands up in the boot (like the VN) and has had water around it.

All 4 rims on the car are black (spare is silver). So someone did a swapsy at some point and gave me a bigger rim.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
all well maybe holden like having different spare wheel set ups, my wheel hold down is for alloy wheels so the spare has to be co**ed up on one side so it has pressure on it to not move around, :(

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
diy my friend, i cant remember what the option pack is called but it relates to telstra cars/cars with the lights on option (< well dah),

all you need to do i believe is pull the headlight switch out, the patch harness will be plugged in so swap it over with the other identical plug sitting there and its back to normal

The lights on box is all hard wired in.

Pulled the headlight switch out and the loom has to be replaced for the short bit between the main loom and the switch - by pass the lights on box.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
no issues with the vz thus far?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
no issues with the vz thus far?

No issues yet. Fixed nails in 1 tyre. Had 2 new TZ100 215's fitted to the back. 2 more for the front Tuesday.

Replaced centre console tingo that had a mobile phone holder scewed in.

Other than that it's going great guns. First half tank is using 12.4 L/100.

Wife very happy......:thumbsup:

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Good buy then. congrats