Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a VZ

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Well I'm getting everything sorted out loanwise and checked out the new car warranty, they said that anything I think is wrong they will check out and say if its abnormal or not, and if it is they will fix/replace it at no cost, it includes like engine transmission and clutch, because of that I'm feeling more confident in buying it, depending on how much it goes for of course.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
i had 2 rims replaced on it after the crash. i sold the HPs at the start of his year. and dont worry about the gear box, i am sure i can get a new one put in for you under warrenty (hopefully) :p

Haha well then how much are you looking for it?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
If they reckon it will got for $18K at auction, you still might need to pay the auction house fee and stamp duty too. So factor all that in.

Rod.

at auction all you pay is there admin fee which should be less than 300, manheim fowles chages 260, if you buy pre auction, you pay up to %15 on the reserve plus the admin fee,

i,e i bought a car from fowles 4 weeks ago pre auction,

the reserve was 16,000, the extra was 2,300 + 260 admin, so i payed a total of 18,560 for my car,

than you pay transfers, insurance etc later on

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Hmm I didnt know you could buy pre-auction, will be worth checking out the reserve price and see if they do it at the government auctions.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Well I went back there today and got them to start it up, seemed to run a little bit rough for about 10 seconds then smooth as and really quiet, I noticed that ticking noise that is the same as my vp, which I thought it had a problem when it didnt, and the noise they wrote on the sheet with the gearstick in neutral is barely noticeable and they person who checked out the car said its not a problem at all, but he wrote it because of the fact that its there, my vk had a much louder noise but also wasnt a problem

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I went back there today and got them to start it up, seemed to run a little bit rough for about 10 seconds then smooth as and really quiet, I noticed that ticking noise that is the same as my vp, which I thought it had a problem when it didnt, and the noise they wrote on the sheet with the gearstick in neutral is barely noticeable and they person who checked out the car said its not a problem at all, but he wrote it because of the fact that its there, my vk had a much louder noise but also wasnt a problem

yea ive noticed with a couple of vz's when you start them if its been sitting there for a while it'll run real bad for a little while than smooth out, the tick get it sorted with holden.....

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
umm thats the ticking im talking about, my vp is the same, its just the injectors ive found out

oh yea forgot about the injectors, my bad

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Well I was outbid today unfortunately, couldnt get to the auction either so online was my only choice, went for $18,100, was probably worth that but I was unsure at the time
Ive been told by a few people Melbourne is the place to go...any ideas? Basically I'm just gonna keep saving until I find the right car, hopefully sooner rather than later