Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bypass ignition and immobiliser Vs Calais

Blistering hamster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs l67 and eh
The car is not insured but it was at our property so house insurance may cover but I need the car for work so needed it right away. Dont worry guys i worked out the temporary fix. Pulled the switch from the back of the ignition barrel and turned on ignition for 45 minutes. Light went off and I cranked it. Started no worries. To continue instant immobilasation I used the battery trick. Sketchy but works. Thanks anyways

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'll have a nibble....I am sure everyone on here is honest and wouldn't consider stealing another persons car, but no one knows exactly who is searching the net, looking for any information on how to steal a particular sort of car...Posting any sort of information relating on how to "hot wire" a car that has an anti-theft system is what they will use to steal another persons car.

Yes all good and fine having GPS trackers and insurance etc etc, but consider what sort of damage they can cause in a few minutes....

Food for thought

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
IMHO those who steal cars probably wouldn't be trolling JC to work out how to steal a Commodore they probably learn everything they need to know off their thieving buddies....;) I've had two cars stolen, VL was never recovered. I doubt the buggers who knocked off my cars would have even had a computer and definitely could not have owned a smart phone. According to the insurance Co most car thefts these days are not done by hotwiring; instead they break in to a house and steal the keys. I know a number of people who have key hooks in their house and most if not all leave the spares hanging while they take out one car and leave the other behind. I make it a point to always carry both my car keys where ever I go.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
IMHO those who steal cars probably wouldn't be trolling JC to work out how to steal a Commodore they probably learn everything they need to know off their thieving buddies....;) I've had two cars stolen, VL was never recovered. I doubt the buggers who knocked off my cars would have even had a computer and definitely could not have owned a smart phone. According to the insurance Co most car thefts these days are not done by hotwiring; instead they break in to a house and steal the keys.

You never know how the theiving mongrels get their information on how to steal cars....The less information available the better it will be. And the theiving bastards love stealing phones/laptops etc etc, from anywhere.....So there is no way of knowing how they get their information from....All we can do is not help them by posting any sort of information on how to hot wire a car on here

Blistering hamster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs l67 and eh
Sorry guys. I only gave the information stated in the manual. The crucial part to the immobilizer is left out. Although another question. Now with my car temporarily un immobilized my radio and time on the radio does not work. Any suggestions?

Bryme51

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vs executive
Can you email it to me.got my key wet and the car won't start