Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cabbie runs down egg-throwing teens

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
So answer my earlier question, vigilante is the way to go? Some kids throw some eggs, and death by beaing rammed into a pole is suitable punishment? I dont think so

Nothing like a bit of vigilante justice. What the cabbie did was a bit extreme but as others have said, who knows how much crap he's had to put up with in the past. In fact, unless he is a complete nut case, I have no doubt he would have dealt with all kinds of crap previously, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.
And we all know if he had of just taken the rego and reported it to the cops its very likely not a damn thing would have come of it.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Nothing like a bit of vigilante justice. What the cabbie did was a bit extreme but as others have said, who knows how much crap he's had to put up with in the past. In fact, unless he is a complete nut case, I have no doubt he would have dealt with all kinds of crap previously, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.
And we all know if he had of just taken the rego and reported it to the cops its very likely not a damn thing would have come of it.
Who knows how much crap he's had to put up with? Who cares! If the tiniest thing sets of your road rage, you shouldn't be driving.

I know for a fact reporting people to the police has an effect, at least for traffic offences.
If the 'throwers' were on the side of the road and there was no way to tack then, i could understand the cops couldn't do much, but with the rego, they can find the owner, and scare him into ratting out his mates.

ethann

Low And Luxurious!
Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 WRX, '73 Stingray, Lifted/Locked GQ.
Taxi driving would have to be one of the worst jobs I reckon.
Well mainly Friday and Saturday night I reckon.

I'm always nice to my taxi drivers, Have abit of a yarn talk ****.
After all he is taking me home after a big night

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Good to see a taxi driver get one back for once instead of always being the victim. Bet the dumb kids that think it's really cool to egg a car will think twice next time also.

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
Who knows how much crap he's had to put up with? Who cares! If the tiniest thing sets of your road rage, you shouldn't be driving.

The tiniest thing is when someone fails to indicate changing lanes in front of you. If that sets you off then yes, you shouldn't be driving. In this case some assholes have deliberately gone out of their way to piss him off. They succeeded and the man snapped.
I came out one morning to go to work once and found my car had been egged and I was bloody cranky about it. Not so much that I would have run someone off the road, but it sure ruined my morning.
Believe it not, there are people around with a short fuse, there are people around under a lot of stress, and people around who have had enough. Sometimes they snap. It just happens.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
The tiniest thing is when someone fails to indicate changing lanes in front of you. If that sets you off then yes, you shouldn't be driving. In this case some assholes have deliberately gone out of their way to piss him off. They succeeded and the man snapped.
I came out one morning to go to work once and found my car had been egged and I was bloody cranky about it. Not so much that I would have run someone off the road, but it sure ruined my morning.
Believe it not, there are people around with a short fuse, there are people around under a lot of stress, and people around who have had enough. Sometimes they snap. It just happens.

Everyone has **** to deal with it. So you deal with it. Imagine if a bird shat on his taxi, he'd probably bomb a wildlife sanctuary.

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
Little shits egging **** pisses me off, if it were me i would have FOLLOWED (note: I said followed, not run them off the road) until they stopped and given them a bloody gobful. Why not water bombs or something?

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
While I think he was definitely in the wrong to smash up their car, personally I have to say good on him, little shits sound like they could use a lesson or two.