Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAI+K&N+Sport Exhaust=more fuel usage?

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
that's pretty good. a few weeks ago i reset my trip comp at the service station when i filled up. i was gettin 16 - 18L/100K (average) on a v6 driving like a granny. i live in a sorta rural area where the traffic flow is really unorganised, and it's very hilly. but come on, 16 - 18L/100K in a v6 hurts the pocket. on highway i get 8 - 9L/100K, much better... but around town, that sucks.

KhaosInc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V8 M5
I have a Vr berlina with a K&N and a 2 1/2 inch redback cat back with them ngk iridium spark plugs, 17" x 8" rims and always put premium in, also changed the fuel filter and oil. i get about 500km's to a tank and thats mostly around town not much traffic or highway but heavy traffic. it gets a little bit of a right foot around town. it started using a little more fuel when i put the k&n on but its leveled out now. if you are getting bad fuel econ try changing the fuel filter and oil.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Like I said, I don't thrash the car, the ave meter tends to go pretty high when I reset the trip computer then slowly goes down, but I still get around 13L/100 on the highway, oh well, I'm over it.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
i just filled my tank up, reset the trip computer at servo and was in peak hour traffic the whole way home, it started at 25L/100km and is now back down to 17L/100km. Thats driving normal (granny and hoon) but it hasnt had a chance to average out well seeing as it was stop/start majority of the way home...

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
i filled mine up and i got 10.3lt/100km around 600km till empty on my trip computer :D except im missing the 2 extra cylinders lol

dunny_duck

dunny_duck
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Berlina 3.8i
hahahha

i find this hilarious, if you want really good fuel usage, by a suited car!!! not a commodore!

I use 16-18 ltrs in my VS Berlina where eva im going, on a 300km trip i mite get it dwn to 14 or 15ltrs, thats because of my right foot is nearly permanently pressed onto the firewall, I also go through rear tyres evry 5000kms.

dnt even look at that trip computer, put gas in when you need it and dnt think about it, lol

R

RevHead1313

I get around 450km a tank with a heavy foot and could (if i tried) get around 600 a tank with a 60Ltr tank and that is with traffic all the way to work and home

Power21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC sle '81
Slow VR said:
Ive got CAI, K&N, Extractors, 2 1/4in Exhaust, Clean TB, Reco Injectors, New O2 Sensor, new Temp Sender, new EECS lines, new Tank Breather lines. I drive it like a nana (city driving) n im lucky to get 380klms out of a tank. Good luck!!!!

Gee money well spent then, seriously 380 a tank is pathetic.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
dunny_duck said:
i find this hilarious, if you want really good fuel usage, by a suited car!!! not a commodore!

I use 16-18 ltrs in my VS Berlina where eva im going, on a 300km trip i mite get it dwn to 14 or 15ltrs, thats because of my right foot is nearly permanently pressed onto the firewall, I also go through rear tyres evry 5000kms.

dnt even look at that trip computer, put gas in when you need it and dnt think about it, lol

lol i sure as hell wouldnt wanna be paying fuel for a v8 when u only have a 6