Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais BCM into Berlina - trip to holden required?

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I changed the BCM in my VT Calais to one from A VX Calais and had to get holden to link it to the security system. From my understanding the car wont start if it's not linked, another bit of security I think to stop people just plugging in another BCM and overriding the alarm.

CJUNLIMITED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 5lt
I had a problem with my 687 lux bcm in my s1 VT Berlina 5.0 litre (Bell). Went to wreckers comm-wreck tullamarine got 2nd hand 687 bcm for $100 and the car works central locking interior lights, lights, windows, alarm etc. however the engine light stays on and tranny shifts hard like its in limp mode. key head was bodge as and has ceased to work 1st the buttons. (in which case i used the key manually locking and unlocking the car). starting would only work if key head rubbed against mental receiver to disengage immobilizer. then dropping my daughter off at ballet the other day Bell (berlina) wouldn't disengage immobilizer I had to have accessories on for 2 hours for red security light to stop . then she started and i drove her home. i have already forked out 100 for a key for my original BCM (that was done by the bloke at sunbury shopping center reading the existing code off my key (didnt work waste of time). Apparently not the best way to go about having your key replaced). so
My question is how much will it cost me to have it linked to ecu. and should i go and get another key head off same bloke in sunbury shopping center or for the mob that will link it.
Q2 mate gave me a 149 Hi BCM out of a vs calais with key head. will that work?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It sounds like you need to see someone who has a scantool to see whats going on and to run some BCM tests to test the ignition key and the BCM itself... A faulty BCM shouldn't cause the check engine light to come on. The vehicle shouldn't start unless the ECU and BCM have been security linked.. A VS BCM will not work at all.. I wouldnt go back to the shopping centre key guy, you can buy genuine keyfobs from ebay for around $50 and get someone with a scantool to program it to the BCM currently fitted to the car, that way its programmed to that BCM and it should then work if nothing else is wrong with the BCM etc.