Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

caliper upgrade for VR/VS?

Adsport

Reaction score
Members Ride
corolla
Hi all, i am wondering if there are any non-adapter bracket bolt on caliper upgrade solutions for the VR front brake calipers? I have these calipers setup on my Corolla _but_ i thought i may aswell as to see if there were any easy upgrades that i could do.

Thanks in advance.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
i think there are VE break kits that dont require alot of stuffing about , you can upgrade too VT brakes aswell but i think you have too change the master cylinder or something.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Yes Vt/x/y/z calipers are a direct bolt on, but they have big twin pistons in them and require alot of fluid, so a bigger master maybe needed.

mojododo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i went to vt brakes, 300mm discs with twin piston calipers. work well but with the std vs master cylinder they had a bit of travel before you got into it properly. 1" m/c would be preferred.

ive now gone to 343mm fronts with a vt 1" m/c and they stop really well. abs kicks in at street speeds a fair bit if i need to stop in a hurry.

Adsport

Reaction score
Members Ride
corolla
thanks for the replies guys.

edit: 1" should suit it then. I was planning on upgrading to 15/16 from the S13 so i should be able to get that bored and sleeved to 1"

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
How much do you want to spend? A complete VE upgrade with 322mm rotors is only $725 for the VR/VS. No need to change the master cylinder or the booster. You get rotors, calipers, braided lines, pads, fluid and all the hardware.

Adsport

Reaction score
Members Ride
corolla
I think you may have missed the bit in the first post where i was saying i have a corolla ? its setup for the VR calipers with an adapter and using peugot rotors so i was hoping that there would be an easy caliper upgrade. i was also needing to upgrade the master cylinder anyways and hoped that i could nut out what to do in one shot.

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
How much do you want to spend? A complete VE upgrade with 322mm rotors is only $725 for the VR/VS. No need to change the master cylinder or the booster. You get rotors, calipers, braided lines, pads, fluid and all the hardware.

What size wheels can you fit on afterwards?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Also, while the vt caliper is a non-adapter bracket bolt on, it is deigned to go on a slightly bigger rotor, Vr is 289mm, Vt is 298mm. So depends on whats on your car now it may or may not be an issue.