Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calling on the Shannons (or similar) insured V8 crew, can I have a price check please.

goose202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais L77, VX Calais LS1, VW T-ROC
I think RAA is hard to beat in SA.
I was happy with RAA for the SA hail incident repairs, but moved away when the highest agreed value they'd go to was $10k short of the cheapest equivalent car I could find for sale in the state.
It was a real pity when they ditched their "agreed value, or market value, whichever is higher" policy.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Bloody hell they make it hard … I had a free 45 minutes before I had to go out & pick my wife up, so I tried calling Lumley’s to get a quote … 35 minutes on hold later, I knew it would take over 10 minutes to give enough info to get a quote so I gave up. So 45 minutes isn’t long enough to get a quote. This is why online quoting is such a Thing!

Can't say I had it that bad last time.
Pretty sure I left a message and they called back or something like that.
Did mean speaking to someone local too which was handy.
Or you just got them at a bad day/time when every man and his dog was calling through.

Once you start getting to online quoting, it becomes fine for run of the mill stock standard stuff. But how easy is it for the system to just say no or put in a stupid price for a modification (ie exhaust or wheels).

I find the online stuff just sucks for that side. And forces you to get in contact anyway for stupid little things.

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
To be totally fair though, Ranger = Lobotomy, and a Ranger operator is likely to see a queue at a bus-stop and drive into it at high speed …
try driving a isuzu D max, make the ranger a rolls royce

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
try driving a isuzu D max, make the ranger a rolls royce
Hmm … now if I understand what you’re saying, it’s a very interesting concept … are you suggesting that dual-cab operator behaviour is caused by the inadequacies of the vehicle, and not inbuilt anger/rage amplified by cheap methamphatamine?

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
I think RAA is hard to beat in SA. Most of the good panel shops are RAA approved repairers with approvals processed by the repairer emailing a quote and photos of the damage to RAA. Delays are generally when the repairer can do the job particularly if the car is still drivable.

I've had quotes from Shannon's, but they were always more expensive and didn't offer anything better than RAA.
tried but almost double shannons prices and wont insure the heavily modded VE Ute, also the VF SS with 21k on it is 60k with shannons Raa would do 50K with larger excess.