Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam now or wait?

vegmss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk ss
Evening all,

I currently reside in Townsville and am keen on a cam change and tune but will be moving back to Sydney in July. TMS up here have done some great work on mates cars and come highly recommended but should I just wait till I'm back in Sydney as I'm afraid a tune up here in the high heat and humidity will affect the car when it gets back to Sydney..

Oh and has anyone here got 4.11s fitted into a daily driver and recommend ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

micky vn man

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 calias
do not recomend 4;11s in a daily ..changing gears way to fast id go 3;45s or 3;7s if u can find a set

Bkgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VE GTS
I think wait on the tune, most of the software comes from the US but they Sydney guys do it more often - i'd trust them more!

3.7s would be the way to go!

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 2010 VE SS-V
I think wait on the tune, most of the software comes from the US but they Sydney guys do it more often - i'd trust them more!

Ummm....incorrect.

The two software programmes used to tune the E38 operating system for the VE Commodore engines are made by EFILive (a New Zealand company) and VCM Suite (made by VCM Performance here in Melbourne).

Nuddy989

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Ummm....incorrect.

The two software programmes used to tune the E38 operating system for the VE Commodore engines are made by EFILive (a New Zealand company) and VCM Suite (made by VCM Performance here in Melbourne).

true story - that being said, i'm not sure if VCM have hijacked someone elses software or weather they designed it from scratch - a story for another thread haha

in regards to your question yes wait till Sydney...

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 2010 VE SS-V
true story - that being said, i'm not sure if VCM have hijacked someone elses software or weather they designed it from scratch - a story for another thread haha

in regards to your question yes wait till Sydney...

Well, u r spreading mis-information.

Mario from VCM created HP Tuners/VCM Suite from scratch....

vegmss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk ss
Cheers for the replys.. Like I said they have done great work up here on VE's and the prices are alot more reasonable then some of the Sydney joints