Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam options

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
So i'm toying with at some stage getting a performance cam put into the GTS. I cammed my old VY2 SS and while i loved the sound and performance increase neither the wife nor i were keen on the shaking.
So my question is can i put a performance cam in for that cammed V8 sound and a performance increase without having the car shake as well?

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
First, you must understand what a performance cam does.
do you still have the factory exhaust on our GTS?

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Maybe you need a few other mods before you go back to a cam, like cold air intake and a tune to go with it and your exhaust.
Should sound mint.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Where abouts in nz are u? If Auckland then go see Wayne at pro tune he's a magician when it comes to these things

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Maybe you need a few other mods before you go back to a cam, like cold air intake and a tune to go with it and your exhaust.
Should sound mint.

It has a Harrop OTR, Harman Bros racing tune, 2.5 inch Defillpo and deleted cats.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Yeah the shaking would be uncool. As someone stated the tuner would have a big say in this. Perhaps look at a cam that has an lsa close to stock. I was looking at the stealth cam from Gm motorsports as mines a work car where a shaking beast in traffic will become annoying. This cam has Nice big lifts which will help make good power to the low 300rwkw zone. Apparently it's still lumpy so u know that u have a cam on board but drives pretty smooth.

Perhaps it would be good to sample some of the cams the tuner / mechanic has done previously.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
A lot would have to do with the tuning. I know a guy that cammed up a V6 a fair bit but it actually idled better than a stock engine once they got the tune sorted.