Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cam to stall and diff

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
The way I see it Im just about to boost an 11s combo so it should go somewhere? If not ill still have a 11s combo

Raptor Charged VX

Turboed Ls1 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Looking over the thread and then coming to the part where it says all of this extensive work just to make plugs changes easier? but what about the massive box of aluminium where the turbo would go anyway, not to mention the heat transfer from the wrapped headers. Have you thought about sorting some sort of an intake for the turbo, where its positioned it will suck a lot of hot air and then heat it even more has it get sent up the pipe to the engine bay, in all honesty you should consider making your cooler pipe from stainless or alloy, being under the car you wont want it to rust and allow for foreigners getting into the engine.

Lag is going to be your best friend, when the turbo comes on you wont have much rev range left to play with being auto that will help keep the boost up. Also what are the cam specs? something with a higher LSA and big exhaust will help it get along. I really do think for the dramas to bit had on the dyno the spark plug changing issue would be worth it.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ako can you Please explain how hot its going to be at the back of the car?
And while your Please explain how well stainless steel dissipates heat?
Have you taken your car to the track yet?

Last edited:

Raptor Charged VX

Turboed Ls1 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I would be expecting in excess of 800 degrees at the exhaust housing.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry I edited that last post

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
There is a lot of air under there cooling everything down whitch I admit is the downside to this

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride

Raptor Charged VX

Turboed Ls1 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
There won't be a large amount of air flow under your car. If there was heaps of flow you would get lift. Stainless may not be the best for heat. But it's better for harsh conditions.

I have been to the track. On 18 inch street tyres I ran an 11.5 with a 2.5 60 foot at 127mph. Do the maths that's a 10 second with a set of tyres and Trans break.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
So there is a vacume then? So lets look at the shape of a car and how the wind pushes down while the car is moving. Pritty simple concepts even a butcher can understand that hence as to why spoilers and wings are needed to hold race cars on the road.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
As for the stainless where do you drive your car as most zorst systems are mild steel.