Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can altezzer tail lights be opened?

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
yes i know what u all r gonna say,,,,,get rid of em etc but anway

can u split altezza tail lights? like take the cover away from the reflector? there from a vs commodore, reason being is i have a set of black ones but the clear plastic is craked and i also haev a set of the silver one that are in perfect condition but look crap on my car compared to teh black ones, so i was wondering if its possible to make one good set out of teh 2?

i used to split vn tail lights to re dye the lenze by heating it up with a heat gun but teh atezza lights have a shitty looking plastic that would probably melt lmao

cheers

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
open them with a hammer? moderately hard force needs to applied

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
yeah you put them in the oven with a wet towel covering them on a low heat and it melts the glue then pry them open with a butter knife or similar or you could try a heat gun or a old hair dryer but becarfull not to burn your house down

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
yeah you put them in the oven with a wet towel covering them on a low heat and it melts the glue then pry them open with a butter knife or similar or you could try a heat gun or a old hair dryer but becarfull not to burn your house down

sorry to jump in on your thread, but what heat would you put it on???? fan force oven??? & for how long???? i wanna do my headlights

mojododo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
whack em one at a time into the oven set at the lowest you can get it to, put them on al foil on a tray, and let em go for 10mins.

this will heat up the glue enough to allow you to pry them open.

ive done this method a few times on headlights to do projector retrofits.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
thanks guys :smoking:

wen i get around to doing tis ill let yous know how i go

haha and yeh a hammer would be the last option......or sum new calais tail lights but meh lol

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
whack em one at a time into the oven set at the lowest you can get it to, put them on al foil on a tray, and let em go for 10mins.

add some potatoes, pumpkin and other assorted vegies your on your way to a roast dinner :beer chug: