Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can anyone recommend a good, romantic resturant in or around Surfers' paradise?

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Hi guys, as the topic states i am looking for a fancy place to eat when I am in Surfers with the Missus next month. not particularly worried about cost, but would prefer it to be within half an hours drive from Surfer's. I've done some research and the highest rating restaurant seems to be The Bazaar, but no matter how fancy a Buffet sounds, it doesn't seem romantic, unless I'm missing something. Not particularly fussed on type of food, just after whever you know.

Thanks for the help guys.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
If I may make a suggestion , with my wife , nothing makes her melt better that me making the effort of cooking her a lovely meal at home, if you can cook I'd do that .

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
he's headed to surfers for a holiday by the sounds of it, and wants to take the better half out whilst up there.

the only one i can remember the name of is the Marriot, 158 ferny ave.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Salt at the Hilton for true fine dining with a decent wine list, PointBreak at Burleigh Heads for modern with a brilliant view, Twisted on Chevron Island for nouvelle, and Yamagen is authentic Japanese.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
If I may make a suggestion , with my wife , nothing makes her melt better that me making the effort of cooking her a lovely meal at home, if you can cook I'd do that .

I cook at home, but don't exactly fancy cooking in a hotel room. Thanks for the tips guys, I'll look into these places.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Just go for a walk around the main streets, most restraunts are close together, you can just walk past and they usually have menus out the front and people at the entrance that you can ask questions about their meals, that way you can just get whatever youre in the mood for that night.

Alternativly, just go get maggot and go to some clubs then get a 4am kebab

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
plenty of macca's restarunts around gold cost.

Romantic Dinner Cruise - Gold Coast Gondola Cruises check that one out, if that doesnt work and get you some serious points, trade girlfriend in for a new one.

otherwise salt at the hilton is good, not so much a romantic place, just fine place to eat.