Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can I post Pictures and details here to get opinions on car ?value

Heefers

Reaction score
Members Ride
'86 VL Berlina Turbo, '07 ST Patrol CRTDi
G'day guys,

Being new to this forum I'm not sure whether this is the appropriate section for a post like this. I'm looking at parting with the faithful old girl to make the move to two wheels (Triumph 675 Triple) however I sincerly think that she is worth a lot more than the Redbook quotes on her. Is it fair for me to post details and a couple of pictures in this section to get the opinions of you forumites?

Cheers, Heefers

XTC16

Certified Wise
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foot Falcon
Heefers, shoot details and pics i can give a good guide to value.

May even know someone in Darwin who may purchase.

THX, Nick

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
post up some specs and pics :)

Heefers

Reaction score
Members Ride

ITEM: VL Berlina Turbo

YEAR: Sep 1986

ENGINE: RB30ET

TRANSMISSION: 4spd Auto

COLOUR: Blue Ice metallic over silver, Glasurit 2 Pak

CONDITION: Body is excellent apart from a few shopping trolley dings and an old repair starting to blister on the LHF Guard. Interior is in good nick for a car of its age.

ODOMETER: 221,000

REGO TILL: June 2008

PRICE:

OTHER INFO: I have owned this car for 11 years. It was resprayed about 8 years ago and has been in storage for about 7 years. As you can see from the pictures the paintwork is still in excellent condition.

Apart from the 3" cat back exhaust and the radiator mod the engine hasn't had any modification work done to it.

Inside still retains the original look except for the steering wheel, an old aftermarket tape deck stereo, some speakers in the parcel shelf and a turbo timer.

It has also been fitted with a towbar at some stage.

She has always been well maintained with regular 5000km servicing and has never skipped a beat.

Since coming out of storage a couple of months ago she has had new rotors all round and the calipers had a reco kit put through them, a new master cylinder, plugs, leads, coil, oil, fuel and air filters, the cooling system was thoroughly flushed and a new battery was also installed.

She is running fantastically and is in overall well above average condition for a car this age.

I have ten pictures of her at this link '86 VL Berlina Turbo

The car is located in Darwin and I can be contacted on 0405 449 865 anytime.

Cheers, Heefers.

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Very nice unit. You'd have to be looking for more than 5k. Looks mint.

Any rust at all?

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
ITEM: VL Berlina Turbo

YEAR: Sep 1986

ENGINE: RB30ET

TRANSMISSION: 4spd Auto

COLOUR: Blue Ice metallic over silver, Glasurit 2 Pak (about 8 years old)

CONDITION: Body is excellent apart from a few shopping trolley dings and an old repair starting to blister on the LHF Guard (not my repair by the way). Interior is in fairly good nick, definetely needs new carpets and a bit of attention from a professional car detailer.

ODOMETER: 221,000

REGO TILL: June 2008

PRICE: Hoping to get a few opinions, the more the merryer

OTHER INFO: I have owned this car for about 11 years now. It was resprayed about 8 years ago and has been in storage for about 7 years(thanks mum).

Apart from the 3" cat back exhaust and the radiator mod the engine hasn't had any modification work done to it.

The blue over silver paint was done by me and one of the spray painters at my old panel shop and as you can see it still polishes up a treat.

Inside still retains the original look except for the steering wheel (the OEM one had perished beyond what was safe to use anymore), an old aftermarket tape deck stereo, some speakers in the parcel shelf and a turbo timer.

It has also been fitted with a towbar at some stage.

Unfortunately for the car it came into my possession when I was 17 years old so it did shred the odd tyre and take part in the occassional drag off the lights, thank god that phase didn't last too long. Although she got treated mean for a little while I always maintained 5,000km servicing and took care of her. This has rewarded me as she'll still start first go every go.

Since coming out of storage a couple of months ago she has had new rotors all round and the calipers had a reco kit put through them, a new master cylinder, plugs, leads, coil, oil, fuel, air, the cooling system was thoroughly flushed and a new battery was also in need.

She is running fantastically and is in overall above average condition for a car this age.

I have ten pictures of her at this link '86 VL Berlina Turbo (christ I hope that link works, I'm a bit of a techno spastic). Any input into what you guys reckon she's worth would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Heefers.

PS Redbook have got to be kidding if they think I'm parting with her for $1700-$3800

nice car!
redbook values are full of it! mine didnt get valued at much more then that haha yet ive been offered over double! cheap excuse for the car dealers to get cheap tradeins

XTC16

Certified Wise
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foot Falcon
Berlina - 3-5k max

Heefers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Very nice unit. You'd have to be looking for more than 5k. Looks mint.

Any rust at all?

One small piece about the size of a match head where the roof and LH Quater panel are brazed from the factory other than that it used too have the usual rust along the front cowling just around the windscreen seal and also along the boot seal flange, however all this was removed prior to respray (properly). As I mentioned it has been out of the weather in storage for the last 7 odd years.

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
One small piece about the size of a match head where the roof and LH Quater panel are brazed from the factory other than that it used too have the usual rust along the front cowling just around the windscreen seal and also along the boot seal flange, however all this was removed prior to respray (properly). As I mentioned it has been out of the weather in storage for the last 7 odd years.

was it a closed door respray?