Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can u make a v6 sound like a v8? exhaust wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

S.T.S

I had a sports system fitted to mine. cut off from cat 2 1/2" pipe and a lukey muffler. don't sound like a thumpin v8 but gives it a nice note

H

HyPoVr

I've got pacemakers into 2.5" exhaust and I was shocked at how good it sounded when i got it back from the shop. I think it was roughly a grand when i got mine done last year

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
i got mine done couple of months ago cost me $300 ( but that was though a mate ) all it is is new cat through 2 1/2 inch to sports muffler befor diff then 3 inch pipe from there to 3 1/2 inch dumped tip and im constanly being told it sounds like a V8 lol

crashy13

=(BUSTOUT)=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 9C1 & VH SL/E
question?

spacattack said:
i got mine done couple of months ago cost me $300 ( but that was though a mate ) all it is is new cat through 2 1/2 inch to sports muffler befor diff then 3 inch pipe from there to 3 1/2 inch dumped tip and im constanly being told it sounds like a V8 lol

was that for a vs ecotec or your current vn? because the type of engine would effect the overall sound of the exhaust...

T

tarantula

mine sounds like a v8, dual exausht 2 1/2 inch catback all through only 1 mufler, *cat converter has a pipe thru it* so really the cat is just there to make cops beleive its working :p i had my exauhst done at my mate place *everlast exhaust* and he done a brilliant job :p i was one of the first one to ever get the duel's put on the commodore. i will post photos soon :p

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
crashy13 said:
can you make a v6 sound like a v8? exhaust wise?
Does anyone have a setup that sounds like a throbbing v8 when all you have is a v6 to work with? really want that sound!!!
yes (just add 2cylnders)

crashy13

=(BUSTOUT)=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 9C1 & VH SL/E

yea or take 2 away and add 4? wtf

crashy13

=(BUSTOUT)=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 9C1 & VH SL/E
flooring it

i want it to sound like a v8 when you floor it not just while idleng also dont want cops to be able to hear me from 20km away?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
ok simply put a v6 cant sound exactly like a v8. just as a 4 cyclinder rice box doesnt sound like a 6. the closest sounding 6 i have heard is a charger straight 6 hemi. if you want it to sound like a v8 get a bloody v8, or be happy with what you have and stop trying to make the enigine some thing it isn't.

theartofnecro

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Equip S2
sometimes the best thing to do would be getting a slightly bigger pipe than stock, chuck on some extractors and get a bigger tip/smaller muffler.. or a H-pipe (usually a fatter sound) (and optionally a supercharger/turbo) that way your concentrating more pressure through extractors and smaller pipes to be pushed through something concentrated and fatter on the end... hence making it concentrated.. to resonate in a tighter space.. then expel out of a bigger tip

correct me if i'm wrong?

to put it simply... open your mouth wide then suck in air.. its harder than if your mouth is closed right? it has less pressure.. thats why if your pipes (mouth) are too big for how much emission (breath) is flowing through it, it creates less pressure. hence you will lose power and not have enough pressure to push out a v8 sound

Status
Not open for further replies.