Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can You Guess For Me ?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
one of my daughters has 2005 mazda 3 hatch
an absolute gem of a car
so good her partner just bought 2012 mazda 6 wagon
and good friend just bought 2011 mazda 3 hatch
all based on how reliable her car has been

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Shame about the Cruze. I rather like them......... on paper and to look at. The Cruze wagon looked the goods.
I thought that the Australian made/assembled version would be better.
Same for the Trax, but when decision time came between it and a Kia Sportage, the Kia was better value by far.
There is a video somewhere on the forum, where a US mech described them as 'Korean junk'.
The Cruze doesn't look bad (apart from the later 2015-2016 ones with the ugly front end)... This car, along with the Captiva could've saved Holden if they weren't such piles of junk... These cars arguably ruined Holden's reputation but in my humble opinion, there was much more to the failure of Holden than the Captiva/ Cruze duo, however these certainly did play a part... I disagree with the Trax however, as I personally never liked the way they looked...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Of the 3 carers my wife currently has, 2 of them have Cruizes....

Those carers must be very fortunate from what I am reading,as they have never let them down.....

These carers travel a minimum of 50K per day, when they are looking after her....They also have kids at school, so it's the travel to and from home to the school, to my house to where ever back to the house, back to the school and back to their home...

Never once in the 12 months they have been caring for the wife, have they had a car problem

She has also had other carers that have since left the company, that also had Cruizes and again, never had any mechanical issues.

From memory, it's been about 6 all up that have had Cruizes over a 4 year period..

So either these 6 seperate people have been very very fortunate, or there is some false information floating round

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sister in Law has one and no issues yet. They had a Craptiva before that and well lets say that lived up to it's name. It burst a heater core while still under warranty and was off the road for nearly two weeks.

michaeltran1707

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Cruze Equipe 1.8 Auto
Of the 3 carers my wife currently has, 2 of them have Cruizes....

Those carers must be very fortunate from what I am reading,as they have never let them down.....

These carers travel a minimum of 50K per day, when they are looking after her....They also have kids at school, so it's the travel to and from home to the school, to my house to where ever back to the house, back to the school and back to their home...

Never once in the 12 months they have been caring for the wife, have they had a car problem

She has also had other carers that have since left the company, that also had Cruizes and again, never had any mechanical issues.

From memory, it's been about 6 all up that have had Cruizes over a 4 year period..

So either these 6 seperate people have been very very fortunate, or there is some false information floating round
hmm like a 50/50 :)) lucky and unlucky. same like that

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I’d inspect the engine bay for leaks. I checked a Cruze out for a friend with him, and let’s just say the engine was covered in oil. Granted the seller was a young bloke who probably didn’t look after it.
I just don’t think the engines in them would be reliable as they rack up kms or even just as they are. They remind me of a 49cc 4 stroke engine honestly.