Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can you make the clutch pedal lighter

JA2Z

Reaction score
Website
www.studiomarban.com
Members Ride
VT 5L, WH LS1 Stato (Daily), TDCi Focus, Probe V6
Hi Guys,

As the title says, is there any way to make the clutch pedal lighter in a 1995 Series II VR Manual V6?

It's really hard to depress and i'm sure it could do with a new clutch soon sometime anyway.

Anyone every played with this?

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
you try pulling the cable out and spraying silicon spray or something similar to lube it up a bit, that will help and it is pretty easy pulling the cable out but its just a little fiddly

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
new cable is about $60, replace it and you will find it will make a big differance. Not a hard job.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
go hydraulic...mmmmmmmmmm

JA2Z

Reaction score
Website
www.studiomarban.com
Members Ride
VT 5L, WH LS1 Stato (Daily), TDCi Focus, Probe V6
Sweet, yeah i might try all of the above in order:
clean, maybe replace, maybe go hydraulic.

thanks lads

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
For future reference, whats involved with going hydraulic? VS S2 pedal box + master? Im guessing bell housing too? Will it suit the T5? Do VL parts work aswell?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
For future reference, whats involved with going hydraulic? VS S2 pedal box + master? Im guessing bell housing too? Will it suit the T5? Do VL parts work aswell?

I did a fair bit of reaserch into this a while ago but never did any good. 1. s2 pedal box and master is rare a rockin horse ****. The T5 will need a custom slave cylinder + mounts made for it and it all got a bit hard there, so i looked at HTOB(hydraulic throw out bearings (google them)) but i could not find one too suit. I did have heaps of stuff bookmarked agaes ago on this but i lost it all now. Markovr did some work on this too butlast i heard he never got too far with it either. Effort vs Cost vs Result it didnt seem worth while.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Ah right, yeah Im not actually fussed with the cable setup, and quite like the feel of it. But Ive been told that HD clutches like to snap clutch cables. But Im yet to see this happen. Im sure if it did snap, it would because its still the original worn out cable. The adjusters are only plastic and Im sure they would let go before the actual cable did IF something was going to break.