Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can you plug steering controls into vt

P

parkspd

i have a 2000 vt with a eurovox cd player and i just bought second hand steering wheel controls for it.
i cant work out the wiring on the eurovox, i have the colour coding chart but it dosnt say anything about steering controls please can someone let me know.:hit:

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
Yes you can connect the steering wheel controls into a standard VX headunit. I have installed them into my VT and they work perfectly. The brown wire is the signal wire that must be attached to the purple wire coming out from the rear of the radio connector and the other wire is simply an earth. If you have any problems simply PM me and I will try and help. I have also posted on this subject and is worth a look under the search section.

holdenrules

Reaction score
There are two brown wires on the connector. Which one is it?

And I don't seem to have the purple wire on the connector.

There is a blank pin in position 9 on the connector, so I connected the controls to that and to earth but it still didn't work.

Where exactly did you connect it to to make it work? Was your Eurovox unit a single connector like this one (part number 92050102) or one the types with 3 plugs that I hear people talk about?

Thanks heaps!

Attachments

• 0233_12.JPG
    0233_12.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 351
  • 1a4a_12.JPG
    1a4a_12.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 464
  • 265d_12.JPG
    265d_12.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 365