Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can't decide which cam

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
Hey Guys, am browsing mace's website to see what to buy when my tax cash comes through ;), And i've come across two cams listed and i have no idea which would be better to get.

I was originally going to get 1.98:1 ratio rockers instead of a cam, because i didn't want to have to rip everything out/off to change my cam over. But now that i have purchased a secondhand motor and am planning to do a full rebuild, i can't decide which is better for me.

Stage 2 COMP Cams to suit V6 Ecotec - Mace Engineering Group

or

With 1.98:1 Rockers CROW CAMS TO SUIT V6'S WITH HIGHER RATIO ROCKERS - Mace Engineering Group

Thanks guys

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Mr.38L,

If you’re going to the trouble of a full rebuild then I would go a cam, for which we can supply you with a mail order tune to suit (If that helps). In regards to cam selection specifically it would depend on your driving style and the scope of the build. If you can get back to us as to what specific driving characteristics you’re after and budget then will be able to better help

Cheers,
Steve

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
I Just want a mean 6 streeter untill i'm off my p's. I was looking at the stage 2 cam package video of that ute and it looks mint, what power does it pull with what mods?

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
Do you guys do head packages as well?

MACE

Reaction score
We have one set of assembled heads left for $1100 outright. It is very unlikely that we'll be offering off the shelf heads for these engine, until further notice, as we've been stuffed around way too much when it comes to ported reconditioned heads :(

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
We have one set of assembled heads left for $1100 outright. It is very unlikely that we'll be offering off the shelf heads for these engine, until further notice, as we've been stuffed around way too much when it comes to ported reconditioned heads :(

i was actually looking at the exact same thing and wondering about heads to suit the stage 2 cam. do you know of anywhere they would offer similar heads for a similar price? cant seem to fond anywhere on the net and dont have any money now :(

MACE

Reaction score
i was actually looking at the exact same thing and wondering about heads to suit the stage 2 cam. do you know of anywhere they would offer similar heads for a similar price? cant seem to fond anywhere on the net and dont have any money now :(

Anyone who is reliable no. Anyone who is reliable at around $1500 no. By reliable I mean what they say the do (in regards to delivery times etc)

I saying this though we still going to be CNC porting our own heads. Exactly when I don't know :(