Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cappa's 2005 VZ Calais

Cappa1995

Calais Club Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
Hey all,
A I have just joined, I thought I should share some pics of my '05 Calais that I bought last Friday.
It has the Alloytec 190 Engine, and a black leather interior.
Not really looking to do many mods to it, I wanted to keep it mostly stock.
Mainly all the mods I'm thinking of at the moment are:
Sony touchscreen/DVD head unit
2x 1800W Sony subs
Maybe installing the lowered springs out of my mate's VY (he's getting coilovers this week haha)
Not 100% decided on what to do with the wheels, it's still got the factory 17s, which I might paint black, or I am thinking maybe VZ Senator rims.
That's pretty much it for now.
Now for the pictures haha.

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
Nice calais, great p plater car! Give it a detail inside n out, if you're sticking to the 17s go black with white walls on super lows all around so you don't scrape constantly or get the charcoal thunder SSVs/vz senators and nice set of tyres so it's a comfy ride, I reckon they'll suit silver reall well

Anyway that's just some tips, you can do what ever you want haha!

Btw if you need your guards rolled in Vic pm me

Ossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Nice man. Ive got the same rig. Got a touch screen headunit and just gonna do the wheels and leave it at that myself.

Cappa1995

Calais Club Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
Hey,
Cheers for all the comments :D
Got the head unit installed last night, minus the steering remote (temporary, as the VOL buttons on the wheel are broken :/ )
At the moment, I'm mainly looking to fix minor cosmetic things in the interior, such as those buttons, the centre console compartments (the one next to the window switches, and the one at the end of the console). Got a sub last night, so will probably get that wired in as soon as I can get a box for it.

Cappa1995

Calais Club Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
Hey, Cheers for the info, will keep that in mind. Another option that might be open to me, is my mate with the VY is thinking about selling his Statesman rims to me, but not 100% sure on that one yet, and I have given it a pretty good detail clean, but the paint has a few little chips that need fixing, other than that its a pretty clean car.

Vkaddict

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk berlina
Nice Calais mate. I got a vz Calais, odessey mica I believe the colour is and I have beige leather interior. I am like you as I wish to keep it all pretty stock. I will lower it an inch or so. I like the vz r8 wheels but stock is nice for now. I will post up a thread soon if ya wanna check it out?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
nice looking Calais , and welcome in as well , look after it , and it will serve you well , don't make the mistake of turning it into cop bait . or this will happen -:banstick: