Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caprice fuel economy worst I’ve ever seen

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
In the quest for less fuel smell and better economy I doubled cat cells first. No perceivable difference in economy, improvment in smell though. Then did front o2 sensors at 145k with the intention of removing them and saving them if they didnt help anything. They didn't improve anything. I need a tune.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
How longs a piece of string, but what km's should injectors be thought about cleaning or replacing? Is it worth going genuine for L77?

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
Ok. I’ve hopped under and had a look I’m going to replace all 4 o2 sensors. You have all been very helpful I just have a couple of questions and I’ll stop bugging you all.
Any tricks to get to the drivers side pre cat sensor? And am I going to kick myself if I buy all 4 sensors off eBay for half the price of repco. Has anyone had any trouble with them?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The front pre-cat sensors are much more likely to make a difference than the post cats.
I'd save some money and just do those if your going to do any. Compare Sparesbox and eBay on prices.