Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car accident

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Got involved in a small crash today. Rear-ended a retarded hilux driver. We were on a 80kph road, I was doing 70. All of a sudden the idiot in front decided he wanted to take a U-turn. No indicator or anything, slammed on the brakes at the U-turn. I was at least 5 car lengths behind him. Had a truck on one side and the footpath on the other, nowhere to turn to. Hit my brakes in panic, wheels locked at around 40. Rear-ended him with the driver side of my car.

Very lucky for me, damage was minimal. Supports for holding the bumper on the driver side broke off, bad scratching on the bumper, needs re-spray. Headlight slightly kicked in, but not broken. For a crash at around 40 kph, I was very surprised the damage was as minor as this. Goes to show how well built our Commodores are :) Will post some pics.

I remembered this thread here while writing mine: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...62046-so-i-just-had-accident-thismorning.html

Hope VZ_commo91 has his car all fixed by now, seems like it was all covered by insurance. Glad you and everyone in the car were alright mate, could've been worse...

Unfortunately, a few of us will at sometime get involved in an accident. I just happened to be quite lucky in this one. Keep your eyes open folks! After all, we just have to be aware there are idiots out there!

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Atleast your ok mate, cars can always be replaced or repaired

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
Yeah mate! My car is all fixed. It was about $12,000 damage surprisingly.... My car isn't the same anymore, Rack is now leaky, noises in the front end, Windows sound like they are down when they are not... Really not happy about it.

But at least I have my car back and we are all OK :)

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks guys. Here are a couple of photos of the damage. Doesn't look too bad actually. The way I remember feeling the hit, it could've been a lot worse. Dad managed to pull out the headlamp and align it properly. Going to try and get the rest fixed somewhere today.

Yeah mate! My car is all fixed. It was about $12,000 damage surprisingly.... My car isn't the same anymore, Rack is now leaky, noises in the front end, Windows sound like they are down when they are not... Really not happy about it.

But at least I have my car back and we are all OK :)

Hey mate! Great to know the car's up and running! But damn, $12000 that's a really big hit... good thing all the damage was covered by insurance. Our similar experiences are a good wake-up call, always be extra careful on the road. Be wary that there are morons around. Safe driving everyone!

DSC05798-Copy.jpg

DSC05799-Copy.jpg

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Definitely sounds like you have something wrong (as said above) with ABS, tyres or something!

I don't understand how you manage to run up the ass of a Hilux if you were doing 10k slower than the limit as well as being 5 car lengths behind. I would of expected a VZ commodore to pull up quicker than a Hilux but that is just me. Not pointing fingers, just trying to understand..

Also, any witnesses to help with your insurance? If no one saw it, it may end badly for you seeing as you ran into him (don't shoot the messanger)

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
you sound like you were lucky, make sure you have a good look behind the bar though, becuase they can hide the damage

I was definetely lucky. Looked behind the bar to check for any damage. Air con compressor is fine, thank God. Radiator fine. Had I been a few k's faster, would have blown either.

I think I see your problem. Are they nexxen tyres?

Does your car have ABS?

Nexen tyres are cheap korean crap, put on by previous owner... starting to get a bit bald too. Dad wouldn't get them changed, said it wasn't needed. Rears are Bridgestone though, still holding up pretty good. Middle-East spec Commodores don't have ABS. I'll have to learn how to threshold brake...

Definitely sounds like you have something wrong (as said above) with ABS, tyres or something!

I don't understand how you manage to run up the ass of a Hilux if you were doing 10k slower than the limit as well as being 5 car lengths behind. I would of expected a VZ commodore to pull up quicker than a Hilux but that is just me. Not pointing fingers, just trying to understand..

Also, any witnesses to help with your insurance? If no one saw it, it may end badly for you seeing as you ran into him (don't shoot the messanger)

Insurance and witnesses? If you mentioned that here in Saudi, they'd look at you as if you had 10 heads and laugh. Depending on insurance (if any) you have to pay the first $1000, then the rest of the damage is covered by your insurance. The damage here doesn't amount to $1000, so no insurance.

What's more? The guy simply sped off as soon as I hit him. Even if I had his number plate and told the police, same story... they'll just laugh and tell you to stop wasting their time. Such matters are taken very lightly here.

Not convinced? If your car was stolen, consider that the end of it. Police will never bother searching for it. A few of my dad's work colleagues suffered that fate. One guy had his Merc S600 stolen, never saw it again...

If I was to get anything at all out of this, it would be cracking the moron's head with the bat I keep in the boot for self-defense... not a good idea though...