Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Bra/Mask fitting and maintenance

wpr

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV AVALANCHE WAGON VYII
Hi all, I know they're really ugly but I'm wanting to get a car bra/mask (to save my paint) for my VX. Does anyone have one fitted and does it damage the paint at all. Would you recommend it? Any other issues? Thanks in advance.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Can't see how it would scratch the paintwork as they are felt backed.
AirStrike :air:

fc_holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6, Landcruiser 200 Series
I had one on my VT SS and also have one for an FC Holden; both have saved damaged from stone chips and also the bug splatter, no problems with damage to paint even when travelling in rain. Both where the original car bra brand from Melbourne (I think).
John M

B J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS
Car Bra

I've got one for my VTs. In my opinion its worth every cent. Not only does it save ur paint but also stops all the insects and tiny stones blocking up ur radiator etc etc. I use it every time i'm out on the highway. I work 50km out of town and its on all the time. The only thing i notice is a little bit of a dirt mark in a few spots but thats understandable as it is on more than off, and my paint job is white. However a little polish and it comes straight off.

Also it is ok to use them in the rain BUT!!!! as soon as u get to ur destination take the bra off. Dont leave it on the car wet. A mate of mine got some marking on his car becuase he left it on wet.

Cheers.